Spread Awareness Pt. 3

"Nana... how old was dad when he had his first seizure?" Darcy asks as her and Anne are sat at the dining room table, Harry doing some house work and Louis having gone back up to Doncaster to see his family a few days ago, and now on his way back and the twins running around in the lounge room.

Darcy and Anne talking about Harry's history with seizures and epilepsy. "He's always had absences and complex partials, but the first time he had big one was when he was about five, we were hosting a big family get together and he'd been complaining of a headache all day, so I'd given him some pain relief and told him to have a nap... then just as we were all about to start eating dinner, he... he just fell over and started shaking, and then when I got to the hospital, because they didn't let me go with him, he had another one... they did some tests and diagnosed him with epilepsy." Darcy nods, sipping her tea and smiling as Harry comes into the dining room with a cup of tea in his hand.

"Sorry mum, it's just with Lou in Doncaster I've got so much to do... and you young lady, did you do the dishes like I asked?" Darcy nods, telling him that she also cleaned the lounge room. "Thank you babe, I don't know what I'd do without you when Papa isn't here." He kisses her head making her blush a little. 

They talk for a while more, until Anne has to go. "Say bye bye Nana." Harry says to the twins as he waves to Anne, they do so too, waving as she drives down the road.

"Ok, papa should be home soon guys, should I call him and ask him to get us some dinner?" Harry asks the three children as they all sit down in the lounge room. "Yes please daddy!" The twins say in unison, making Harry chuckle. "Yes please dad, I don't care what it is." Darcy says, snuggling into his side. "Ok, what shall we get babies? What about some pizza?" The twins nod, asking for Darcy to put on a movie.

"I'm home my babies!" Louis says as he opens the door, hearing the screams of his hand Harry's twins.

"Papa!" They giggles as he hugs them. "Have you been good for daddy?" They nods, pulling him into the lounge room. "Hey Darc, have you three been good for dad? Not been giving him a hard time?" Darcy shakes her head, kissing Louis' cheek.

Louis smiles at her. "That's good to hear, now where is your other father?" Darcy points to the kitchen, mumbling about Harry getting plates. "Ok, thanks babes... don't worry about plates. We'll just use our hands." The three children nod, eating the pizza once it's set down.

"Haz baby, what are you doing?" Louis asks as he sees Harry stood in front of the sink, pulling at his clothes and smacking his lips together. "Hey baby, you're ok... I'm right here, almost over bub. Just a little longer, you're doing so well babe." Louis hums as Harry continues to look out the window blankly. "C'mon darling, come out of it for me." But before Harry can safely come out of the small seizure, his whole body tenses, forcing him to fall backwards, though before his stiff body can collide with the floor Louis catches him.

"Wha'? Lou?" Harry asks groggily as he sits up in Louis' grasp, the tonic seizure only lasting a few seconds. "Yeah baby, it's ok... you had a seizure babe, just relax for me yeah?" Harry sighs, leaning against Louis as the older man peppers kisses to the top of his head and his forehead. "Do you wanna go and have some pizza?" Harry nods, standing with Louis and walking out to the lounge room. "Darcy, can you please get me a plate?" Harry says, sitting down on the couch. The teenager nods, quickly getting Harry a plate. "Thanks baby." He smiles, taking the plate and grabbing a piece of pizza.

After a nice dinner, and a bath for the twins, everyone is about ready for the family's weekly movie. "What are we gunna watch?" Louis smiles to the three children as they sit on couch. "Wanna watch Shrek!" Ollie squeals, bouncing in his seat. "Ok, you wanna watch Shrek too?" Louis questions, looking at a tired Grace - who is cuddled on Darcy's lap. Darcy nods, smiling as Harry comes in and sits next to her.