Proof #9: you and i

This ones going to be sad just warning you now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry's p.o.v.

I'd never been much of a drinker. Yeah, sometimes I'd go to a bar and get hammered with some buddies. And yeah I'd pay the price the next morning just like everybody else.

But I'd never been drunk at a show before. Or an interview. or anything related with out career. Okay maybe a few award shows, but that's different. Anyways, gigs were off limits to drinking.

The other boys had all done it once or twice when they were having a really bad day or something, but it was a personal rule of mine.

That is, until tonight. See I hadn't really planned on getting drunk off my ass. That wasn't the original plan.

*flashback*

"Can I sleep with you tonight lou" I asked out of habit.

I always slept in lou's bunk the night before a big show, just to relieve some of the stress.

"Harry you know I have a girlfriend," he said falsely, looking at me with sad eyes as Eleanor walked out of the bathroom and sat on his lap.

I could see it in his eyes that he was disgusted by this. It's not like he looked at her with these love stuck eyes or anything, but sometimes he has a lot of fun with her.

He may not love her but they are pretty good friends, and I can't help but be jealous. I tried to like her, I really did, but it just didn't work out for me.

"Let's go out tomorrow, before the show," Eleanor said, going all ga-ga eyes on Louis. Gag.

"You two make me sick," Niall jokes, looking at me sympathetically.

"Sure el," Louis said. Management had lectured him the other day on taker her out more.

"How about at 4," she suggested. That bitch.

"That sounds fine," he said through gritted teeth.

"Lou! That's when we were gonna go get iced hot chocolates at that shop we saw," I complained, thoroughly hurt.

"Hey, you can have him for the rest if the tour, I only get him in America," she snapped before he had a chance to reply.

"We'll do it some other time harry, I promise, please don't be mad," Louis pleaded, grabbed Eleanor's hips and trying to move her off of him, but she wouldn't budge.

"I'm going out, I'll be back later," I said, completely ignoring Louis and stalking out the door, slamming it behind me.

*end of flashback*

Long story short, I walked to the nearest bar, planning on just drinking a beer to loosen up a little bit so I wouldn't be an ass at the gig tonight, and then heading home.

Well one beer turned into three, which turned into two shots, which turned into who knows how many more of what, but I got wasted.

So, upon realizing in my drunken state what time it was, I left the bar, and stumbled through the streets, trying to find our venue.

That's when I went through the depressed stage of being drunk. I'd already gone through flirty and having to pee.

So I sobbed my heart out over the fact that my boyfriend ditched me for his fake girlfriend that he's forced to go out with.

When I walked into the dressing room some 30 minutes later, all of the boys were getting ready for the show.

"Harry oh my god I was so worried," Louis exclaimed, getting up and making his way towards me.

"Louis can we go get some snacks," Eleanor whined.

"El I'm fucking busy can't you see that!" he yelled.

"Louis," Jacob called from a few rooms over.

"Fine, lets go jerk ass," he huffed, grabbing her wrist and pulling her out of the room.

I sunk down onto the couch, giggling at someone did my hair and makeup quickly, then whisked me into a smaller room and thrust some clothes at me.

I put them on, while stumbling around and running into things dizzily.

Finally, I was ready. I walked back into the main dressing room and sat down with all of the boys, ready for a Liam lecture.

"Harry are you drunk?" Liam asked, struggling to keep his voice calm.

I just laughed, because Liam suddenly looked like David Beckam. How had I never noticed that before?

"Give him a break Liam, it's got to be hard having el here," Niall said.

Haha, he looks like Ellen Degenerates. I feel like I probably shouldn't mention that to him though, he might not enjoy that.

"At least he's happy right now," Zayn said.

Damn he's sexy. Not as sexy as my boyfriend of course, but I can still see why he looks in the mirror so often. And why girls find him attractive. He's still not as attractive as Louis though.

*fast foreword through the show*

"Okay this next song was recently released as a single, and I know you know the words so sing along," Liam announced the song.

"I figured it out. Figured it out from back and white. Seconds and hours. Maybe they had to take some time,"

Me and Louis. Louis and I. Black and white. Seconds and hours. My drunk brain struggled to make sense of what this song meant, and why it was making me feel so sad.

"I know how it goes, know how it goes from wrong and right. Silence and sound, did they ever hold each other tight like us did they ever fight like us,"

Oh my god. Louis and I had a fight. Louis probably hates me now. He's probably going to fall in love with Eleanor just for an excuse to get away from me.

"You and I. We don't wanna be like then, we can make it till the end. No nothing can come between you and I. Not even the gods above, can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and i. Oh you and I,"

I felt tears forming in my eyes.

"I figured it out. Saw the mistakes of up and down. Meet in the middle, there's always room for common ground,"

I need him though. I've got to apologize, to get him back.

"I see what it's like. See what it's like from day and night, never together, but they see things in a different light like us, but they never tried like us,"

Louis' eyes met mine as he sang his part. Then I figured it out. my mind raced as I numbly sang the chorus, vaguely aware of the tears on my cheeks.

Louis and I try so hard to make out relationship work. He has a "girlfriend", I've had "girlfriends", we have to be secretive, and it's so damn hard but we work though it and nothing can come between Lou and I.

*fast foreword to when they go off stage*

"Louis I'm sorry,"

"Harry I'm sorry,"

I threw myself at him as he did the same. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him as close to me as was physically possible and held him tightly.

"Um hello," Eleanor said.

I sighed, knowing that Louis would let go and give her a hug and Bla Bla bla.

"Go away Eleanor, this isn't about you. I'm hanging out with my boyfriend," he said, not letting go.

I smiled so big I thought my mouth would fall off. It really is true Louis, nothing can come between you and I.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Rumor has it that Harry was drunk the night he cried during you and I, although it wasn't really crying he just had tears in his eyes.