Proof #3: comfort

This ones going to be really short probably, sorry, I'm tired.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry's p.o.v.

"Written in these walls are the stories that I can explain. Leave my heart open but it stays right here empty for days," I began story of my life.

We were performing at the AMA's, at which we'd just won two awards. I'd had the suspicion that I might be getting sick, but now I'm sure.

My voice sounds a bit rough and I'm having trouble hitting some of the higher notes. Like I'm having to put a ton of effort into hitting notes that usually aren't a problem for me.

Liam sang his part, and then Zayn started his part. I have to sing the first chorus by myself. Damn. That part is very loud and has lots of long, high notes. As I stepped foreword, I saw Louis smile at me out of the corner of my eye. He knew.

"The story of my life, I take her home, I spend alone, until she's broke inside, and time is frozen," I belted, my voice nearly failing me several times.

I was relieved when the bigs started singing with me for the second chorus. Then Niall sang, then Liam, and then my favorite part, Louis.

He stepped foreword, and placed his hand on his tummy like he always does. It's so adorable when he does that.

"And I'll be gone, gone tonight, the fire beneath my feet is biting bright, the way that I've been holding on too tight, with nothing in between," he sang beautifully, then cast me a sad glance.

Once again, I sang the chorus by myself, my voice so close to cracking it scared me. I could feel it about ready to break. Then the boys joined me for the second chorus.

"The story of my life, i give her hope, I drive all night, to keep her warm inside, the story of my life," then it happened.

When I belted out the note of 'story' my voice cracked and got really scratchy for a second, before I pulled it back together.

While Zayn sang the bridge I turned around a ok a few steps back to get myself under control. Louis reached his hand out for me a little bit and smiled. I smiled back but didn't feel any better.

I pushed my way through the chorus, and finally the song was over. I swear it was twice as long as usual.

Because of the order we walked off, Louis was waiting for me when I stepped down from the stage. He looked at me sadly, holding his arms open.

"C'mere babe," he said quietly.

I walked straight into his arms and he held me tight. I closed my eyes and breathed him in, happy to be off that stupid stage.

"You did good," he whispered, ruffling my hair.

"Did you hear that note Louis?" I asked, pulling back.

"I bet no one noticed," he sighed, knowing I wouldn't believe him.

"Whatever," I scoffed.

"Let's go get some food," he said, taking my hand and pulling me towards the dressing room to try and get my mind off of my mistake. He's so sweet. I love him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had battleships by daughtry in my head like literally all day today.