Spread Awareness Pt. 8

Start from the beginning

Louis picks the camera up, asking if Harry want the tripod set up as well, the younger man nodding.

"So I was a shit of a kid." Harry speaks, smiling at the camera.

Louis laughs, throwing his head back.

"Ok, I've been seeing sooo many comments from you guys asking me to talk about my childhood ... and that's what we're doing today!"

He looks over to Louis, waving him over. "Ok, I'll be answering some questions and telling you about my childhood and stuff... so first question, have I always had seizures? Yes, although I haven't always had as many as I have now. As a baby and toddler, I only had absences and complex partials, then when I was five I started having tonic-clonic seizures, then when I was ten I started having tonics and atypical absences."

"Next question, what is the biggest-slash-worst seizure I've ever had?" He chuckles. "Oh boy! Where do I start?" He looks up for a second, a concentrated look in his eyes. "Probably when I was in school one day, I was about 14, and my teacher told us all to go and line up because we were going to do pe, and I couldn't stand and stuff and then I had a massive seizure, I think I got a really bad concussion... I probably split my head open as well... ok, next one, it's not really to do with my seizures and stuff but it's cute.. what is your favourite thing about each of yours and Louis' kids."

He looks at Louis and blows a kiss, smiling at the older man. "Ok, that's a hard one... I love everything about the three of them but, my favourite thing about Darcy is probably her caring-ness towards me - or anyone really -after I've had a seizure or any time really, but more so then, she knows now how to handle one of my fits on her own, but it's always better if Louis' there or if she calls him and tells him... ok, little Ollie-bear, well, you all know how close he and I are, he's growing into such a caring and sweet boy... the other day actually he came home from nursery and told me that he had to go to one of the little girls house, that he goes to nursery with, and when I asked him why he said that she was his girlfriend and she was sad so he had to make her happy again."

He giggles a little remembering Ollie being so persistent that he had to go to her house. "I told him we couldn't go, because obviously I can't drive, but we could call and he spent- I'm not kidding when I say this- he spent an hour on the phone to her, telling her how pretty she was and it just warmed my heart, it may or may not have made me cry a little as well.... ok, and lastly, my little Gracie. Where do I even start? I probably love her humour the most, she's such a funny little person and I love it... she's much funnier then me."

All of a sudden he start to feel tingling in hands, making him frown. "Um... Lou," He pauses, breathing heavily and swallowing thickly. "D-don't feel good." Louis rushes over, sitting beside him. "You're ok, can you tell me what feels funny?" Harry shrugs, still breathing heavily. "Do you know what type of seizure it is sweetheart? A big one or just an absence?" Harry shakes his head, starting to smell petrol(gas). "Lou... f-feel... feel funny." He mumbles, leaning against Louis like the older will be able to help him out of the current situation.

"Harry love, look at me.. I'm gunna help you to the ground now baby boy, you're ok.. I just don't want you to have a seizure on the bed. You're alright sweet cheeks." Louis picks him up, kissing his head and putting a pillow beneath the younger boys head. "Can you tell me how you feel baby? I'm gunna film it for the doctor."

Harry swallows thickly, taking a deep breath. "'S like... f-fuzzy... but d-different." Louis nods, pulling the camera off of the tripod and moving it so Harry is in the frame. He brushes the younger boys hair out of his face, continuing to reassure him.

The younger boy looks to the side, his head moving slowly after, then he starts to twitch. But it's not like any seizure Louis has ever seen him have before, only his eyes and the corner of his mouth twitch as he lays on the floor, spit slowly seeping out of his mouth. "Ok Haz, you're ok bub.. you're doing so well. It's almost over, almost past the worst bit love." Reaching over to grab the box of tissues from Harry's nightstand, he then uses them to wipe away the spit as it comes. His arms tremble a little as he seizes, small gasps for air push past his open mouth, Louis shushes him, whispering encouraging words to him.

And as if someone clicked their fingers, he stops. Louis smiles to him, kissing his forehead. "Hi baby, you're ok." He quickly turns the camera off, giving all of his attention to Harry. "Can you talk to me love? Do you feel sick?"

"No Lou... just tired." Louis nods, picking him up and setting him on their bed. "Do you want me to cuddle with you? Can we talk about that?" Harry nods, cuddling into Louis' side as the older man brings an arm around him. "What was that babe? I've never seen you have a seizure like that." Harry nods, letting his eyes slip close. "I don't know either Lou... I could still hear you though, it was weird.. like the whole time I could understand what you were doing and saying." Louis nods, kissing Harry's head as he falls to sleep.

The older man soon walks down stairs, taking the camera with him. "So Harry just had a seizure... but it was different, it wasn't like his other ones... it wasn't like full body convulsions, like his mouth and eyes were twitching and he wasn't as confused as he normally is after a seizure. I'm gunna call his neurologist and make an appointment and we'll see how it goes."

"So I just got off the phone with his neurologist and she wants us to come in tomorrow, which will be fun, right now I'm just sending her the video, I think she called it a simple partial seizure from the description I gave her. So he might be getting a new medication.... and then we also have to think about tour as well...  we only have another week until tour starts so we'll be seeing all of his doctors and stuff to make sure he's safe to travel." Louis says to the camera, checking on Harry again and making himself a sandwich.

He sits at the dining table and sets the camera up. "If you guys don't already have tickets to one of our shows, then you can get some here," He points to a random place in the frame. "They're pretty affordable, H didn't want them to be crazy expensive... the babies and Darcy will be coming to a few shows, Niall will also be coming too... he's going to be filming stuff for us while we're there."

He bids goodbye to the camera and turns it off, walking up to their room. "Harry baby, do you wanna come down stairs and watch TV?" Harry nods, walking down the stairs after Louis and laying with him on the couch, his head resting on Louis' chest. "What you wanna watch?" Louis kisses his neck, handing him the remote. "Harry bub, you ok?" Louis says, as carefully moves to look at Harry's face, seeing the man's eyes fluttering. "You're alright love." He rubs Harry's arm, waiting for the seizure to end. After a long and gruelling five minutes, he blinks, groaning a little. "You're ok, look at me bub, do you feel ok?" Harry nods, smiling sadly at Louis.

"I fucking hate seizures." He grumbles, cuddling into Louis again. "I know love, we're going to see you neurologist tomorrow... we'll get it sorted."

The appointment goes great, the neurologist saying that if he has another seizure like that, to let her know. Even though times get tough, they move in and are stronger then ever.