(158) Be a hero

Request from Sallyface04, I hope this is to your liking! I can make adjustments if it isn't :) Hero AU, Buckle your seat-belts for this one!

"What are you fighting for?!" 

His coach yells, booming through the room; echoing in Marks ears like his heartbeat. He lets out a cry and hits the punching back as hard as he can; The coach knows fine well what and who he fights for. Hes been training relentlessly lately and today is seemingly no exception, Mark wonders what hes training so hard for, is there's some kind of attack he doesn't know about happening, or maybe its just to keep him on guard. He used to train like this all the time before the accident and finally got back into it after months of self loathing.

He finally, finally receives some kind of praise as hes thrown a towel and water bottle his way and told to take five. Ever since he got his powers hes been trying to control them, hide them; but its been impossible - Every little thing sets them off but luckily he hasn't unleashed them upon his coach today, a step in the right direction.

You see, Mark was struck by lighting and ever since then his life and body had never been the same. He was in a coma for six months and upon waking, his body had currents - electric currents going through it and he blew a hole in the hospital roof as he awoke; strength coursing through his veins, sparking through his soul - he hadn't felt so alive in his life but then he came crashing down and ended up hurting himself even more. The nurses told him he couldn't lose his temper nor is it a good idea to use the electricity as he loses control when he does so.

But feeling the electricity that gives him super strength and speed course through his body is something addicting.

Marks life up until the accident could be described as a series of very unfortunate events. He was perhaps the most unluckiest person on the planet and following upon the death of his best friend, he hadn't been able to break his sad spell until after the accident. Today he fights in the name of him; Mark couldn't be his hero whilst he was alive but he can be in his honor.

But each time he loses grip upon the mircale he has (or not) it makes him think he isn't cut out to be anyones hero.

;

"Stupid planet." Jack curses at the ground as he breathes out, banished from his own planet he landed here; being forced into some average teenager lifestyle and he hates it. Hes been just aching to destroy something.

In every world there are heroes.

And then there are villains.

On Jacks planet, he was a hero and on this one, hes a villain. (That'll teach those elders who banished him here. 'Careless and too young to be a king.' He'll show them. This planet will bow before him in show of what he is capable.

Jack has the ability to manipulate people at free will, as well as technology alongside super strength - hes a force to be reckoned with and he was but here hes just some kid, and it fuels a fire deep within his soul. Some people aren't meant to be heroes, Jack realizes that now.

But he supposes living uncover is easier here than it was back on his planet. Hes joining a school here to fit in as a normal student and that means when he does eventually do the whole world domination thing; he could always fall back on his sweet, quiet almost alter ego. Leading half a normal life helps keep him somewhat sane, anyways. Even his alter ego doesn't resemble anything about him; hes a quiet, student that just wants to get his work finished on time baby blues shielded with darker contacts and its like Jack steps into someone else's shows when hes behind school doors but out of it hes causing havoc all around the city and getting a kick from robbing places and baffle the local police who havent a clue.