(23) God Of Love.

A/N: Forgive me if some mythological details are wrong in this story, Enjoy!

 AU, Jack the god of love or Cupid, is sent to show Mark - a non believer in love, that love is real.

Love. That word tasted so sour, Sounded so wrong in Marks mind. 'Love is beautiful.' Bullshit, Love was soul destroying, heart crushing. Everyone he'd been with had destroyed him completely, he had no reason to believe in love anymore. Love, everyone promoted it, yet the world is full of hate. Mark shook his head, just thinking about it made him want to puke.
There was a knock at his empty apartment door, he rolled his eyes thinking it'd be someone trying to sell him something but once he opened the door, he realized it was something, someone - worse than some guy in their thirties trying to sell him something.
The man in front of him had an odd glow-y aura around him, with green hair neatly on his head, almost too neatly. Blue eyes like the brightest sky in L.A. Everything about him seemed obnoxious to Mark.
"Can I help you?" The man shook his head, "No, But I can help you!" Mark was about to shut the door when the man barged his way in. "You don't believe in love correct?" Mark rolled his eyes. "Correct, now get out of my house." "I am the god of love, Cupid but you can call me Jack Desire." Mark laughed, "Oh sure Mr Love God, Get out my house." Jack frowned. "I can't, not until you believe in love."
Mark scoffed, "Oh please. How do you plan on doing that?" "Well, Ill make you fall in love with me, then I can go back to heaven, I'm trapped here until you do." "So you'll break my heart like everyone else by leaving? That makes no sense." "You'll be able to move on once I've shown you love." Jack sat on the sofa, Mark rubbed his temples thinking he'd somehow taken drugs.
But he hadn't, because Jack Desire was Still on his sofa. Maybe he could fake falling in love with this obnoxious "god" so he'd go back to Heaven and leave Mark be. 

But what Mark didn't know, is that you cant just "fake" love, it was either real or not and Jack Desire knew that all too well, he was a god for God's sake. Jack was a lodger technically, He slept on the couch because his god powers can't magic up a new bed. Turns out, this god likes coffee. "So? What do you do for a living?" Jack asked. Mark gave a sigh and decided to make a little effort. "I work online, Record videos." Jack nodded, a rather unusual hobby he thought. As days went by, Jack became... tolerable. He didn't often get in Marks way and sometimes, the green haired god would buy dinner. They'd sat on the same couch several times, played games and ate pizza several times but what was so different this time? Well, Whilst reaching for another slice of pizza - their hands connected causing a shock to both of them;
"Jesus Fuck!" Mark yelled, it never occurred to him that he hadn't touched before.
Jack, began to glow.

Mark looked at him, wondering why the heck he was glowing. "No, no no!" He yelled, Mark was awfully confused. "Jack? Why are you glowing?!" "I-I don't know... it's never happened before!" Although, Jack did know. "Fucking hell! This is your fault!" Mark stood, a wave of anger hitting him. "You have to be joking!? How is this my fault?" Jack couldn't stay calm, he was in trouble, big trouble. "I'm fucking in love with you!! If they find out, They'll take away my powers and erase my memory! This wasn't my plan..." Mark stood in shook. He wouldn't admit that there and then, he was terrified of loosing Jack. In a few days, he was good company Mark forgot what it was like to be lonely. He couldn't loose Jack.
-.
They sat that night, together trying to come up for a plan. "Okay, Once they take away my powers and erase my memory, its not biggy right? I mean you don't love me so, it doesn't matter." He spoke, bluntly. "I don't want you to leave. I cant loose you." Jack was confused "What?" Mark gave a sigh. "I was lonely. I miss coming home to somebody. Look if, if we're meant to be together love will find away right?" Love. He said, Love. Jack was suddenly lifted in to the air, Mark desperately trying to pull him back. "Mark. it's no use, You said love. You love me and I love you." "Come Back for me Jack desire! I swear, you better come back or I'll kill you!" He said, his voice breaking. Just like that, Jack was gone and suddenly, Mark was lonely again.
-.
Since Jack left, Mark poured everything he had into his work, as a distraction. Jack was punished to hell, his powers revoked and sent back to earth as a normal human, with no remembrance of previous actions. He was in a coffee shop in L.A, Not quite sure why. Mark was grabbing coffee to wake himself up as he hadn't slept in under 24 hours. Lucky for Mark he remembered everything and when he saw the green haired man standing in line he immediately bumped into him chucking his coffee over him. "Sorry Sir!" "Ye will be!" He helped clean Jack up and bought him coffee trying to act casual, after getting his number (Which took persuading) Mark went home with a spring in his step, Knowing he has a chance with Jack, it was fate at this point Mark was sure of it, Perhaps love did exist?