(62) Alone & Abused.

Request from Septiplier_Phan1384; This is pretty angst-y and deals with abusive themes, So Trigger Warning and Feels. Thank you again for 10k Reads, Y'all are crazy amazing. And My awesome wifey who it wont let me tag for reading through it.

 "Can I sit with you?" The red haired boy asked almost too politely.
The boy he was asking looked up his black eye prominent as he gave a nod. Jack wasnt sure why Mark off all people, wanted to sit with him. Thats where everything started, though.
Jack was scared to get close to anyone they'd ask things Jack never wanted to answer.
"Where did you get those bruises?" I fell.
"Why were you in hospital last week?" I burnt myself on the stove.
"Where'd you get that black eye?" Just a fight.
Lie, Lie, Lie.
Jack didn't want to tell anyone the truth.
His lies worked for most people, but Mark was different. He saw through Jack too easy.
They would sit at lunch together and talk about video games yet Jack would try to avoid him in the hallways until he asked why. Jack panicked when he did.
"You don't want to get close to me." Jack spoke, a tremble in his voice. What if they found out? Another hole in the wall, more broken glass, more bruises he had to make excuses for.
Mark was confused, he worried for the younger boy he was only sixteen, and looked like he'd go places. Mark was eighteen and just hoping no, praying he would get into college.
Jack was making a scene in the cafeteria and hated it, everyone was looking at him as if they knew; The walls felt like they were closing in on him and suddenly he was running. Running as far as he could; He never wanted to stop.
He rested against a tree, out of breath. He'd just avoid the red haired older boy, it'd be easy he'd give up in a week.
He didn't, though.
"Jack?" The familiar voiced said from behind. Jack didnt dare turn around from his locker.
"What do you want?" He purposely snapped.
"Are you okay?" Mark asked.
Okay? Was he Jack okay? What even was okay? He was beaten and bruised and despised the world - Was that okay?
"Im fine." He continued, he wanted to scream for help, for a hug - For something.
Mark nodded and walked away, sighing.
Jack ran off to the toliets, locking himself in the small stall and cried until he felt like he didnt have any more tears.
Of course Mark had to come into the bathroom and hear sniffling. "Hello?"
Maybe if Jack didn't make a sound he'd be okay, thats if his phone didnt go off.
"Its just Mark? You can come out." Mark said as softly as possible and Jack came out of the stall weakly, his eyes stinging and red.
Instict kicked in and Mark dragged the boy into a hug that swept him off his feet. It was so sudden he couldn't push away and Mark hugged him so tight, as if he was trying to put all the broken pieces back together.
Jack began sobbing again.
"Let me help you." Mark muttered into Jacks green hair, feeling his chest heave as he sobbed in his arms
"You can't, no one can." Jack said so quietly Mark almost didnt hear it and it sent shivers down his spine.
"Please. Let me try." Mark responded, he just knew Jack needed someones help.
"My parents hit me." Jack said, starting to tremble as if Mark would do the same. He never did and hugged him tighter.
"I don't know how to get you of this but I will." He said and Jack, for the first time in his life knew Mark meant it.
He pulled away, Laughing a little at Marks tear stained jumper
"Sorry."
Mark shook his head and was already wondering how he'd save Jack.
-
Mark fought for people to listen and they didn't, not until Jack was put in hospital his arm broken. He looked so fragile in that bed, his eyes tired and saying "I gave up." It hurt Mark, so he told the hospital that it was his parents doing and they would investigate, until then Jack would stay with Mark, he'd keep him safe as if the world depended on it.
Jack woke, sudden panic striking him and he jolted.
"Its okay I'm here." Mark said and Jack eased.
"I'm gonna make sure they go to jail, Jack. It hurts seeing you look like this, the way you flinch when someone raises there hand; The way you shiver when someone shouts. This can't continue."
Jack nodded, tears streaming down his face once again. He just mumbled thank you over and over until Mark knew how much it meant.
-
Jack, was free.
He'd still flinch some times when Mark would raise her arm to cuddle him but then ease. Mark saved his life, his parents would have beat him until they couldn't if it wasn't for Mark.
Nobody had ever loved Jack as much as Mark.