(92) The Wolf Among You.

JurazzicWolfiezz requested a werewolf type AU and I can't contain myself; there may be a second part if people dig this. Enjoy!  :D (Once again, thank you all for nearly 32K reads like I cannot comprehend that.) 

He kept a pledge.

'Stay away from Humans.' Uttered his dad once upon a time, along with 'nothing but trouble.' And Mark believed that, truly. So he had, stayed away from humans; sure he visited his local supermarket, sure he helped old ladies cross the street when he needed too and sure, he sat in a few bars in his time. Yet, He hadn't made friends with any human for his safety and their's. He was a monster when the moon was shining in the sky, glowing and he managed to tame that monster to keep it away from prying eyes. So nobody saw his glow-y hazel eyes tangled with a primal look nor did they see his sharp teeth, sticking out and ready to bite anything that came close and Mark liked it that way. It was lonely at times of course and there were days where he craved affection; understanding. None of those things were worth the hassle, though. Life was easy like this. Was.

Why did he have to bump into that green haired Irishman and oh god why, did his drink spill over him that day and why on earth did Mark agree to buying him another drink and maybe a shirt. Why. Maybe he was in a foolishly good mood or maybe it was because those stupid ocean eyes in which he had drowned in as soon as he looked up. Why was he having a good time with the man, learning knew things about him laughing at his jokes which seemed funnier with the Irish accent he had. Mark knew this would end in disaster and he could heard his father saying 'I told you so.' from his grave. Its not like he had to go on another date with this guy anyone, just one drink to make up for the one he had spilled on the strangers shirt. "I should go." Mark said, noticing it was the evening he did not want to risk a transformation in public because they'd probably take him to a pound if it did happen.

And Jack gave an almost disappointed nod. The man beside him had a voice which could melt butter and was rather interesting, not giving away any details of himself. Jack wondered why and the nosy side of him wanted to know everything. But the Irishman didnt push it, and instead gave him his number and the name of a dry cleaners, because Mark had promised him a clean shirt. Chuckling, although weary Mark accepted the number. He left sharpish, happy when the door to his apartment closed. It wasn't that he though Jack was dangerous, quite the opposite but Mark however, when that rock was high in the sky, is dangerous.

They met at the dry cleaners, Jack leaning against a washing machine.

Modern Romance.

His eyes seemed to light up when he saw Mark clean shaved and all. His shirt that the red headed man had ruined spinning in the washing machine he was leaning against.

"Not the most romantic place." Jack mumbled, causing Mark to blush. More casual chat flowed, Mark actually telling Jack some things about himself.

They exchanged numbers once the dry cleaning was done and Mark seemed a little more relaxed.

And they talked all night, until that gleam of light managed to peak through Marks curtains and he transformed; it still being painful as it was the first time, the noise still of his pain mind-numbing.

9:04AM;

JackShirticeye;

Aw did lil Marky fall asleep?

Mark woke, feeling groggy and sore. He sighed, knowing that familar headache and disorintated feeling.

9:07AM;

MarkClumsyplier;

Yeah, sorry about that.

Mark was lucky there was already an excuse to use but how many more would there half to be? Maybe he should just put Jack off of him and let things be easy. No. The Irishman was too nice for his shrug-off treatment he had to give the green haired man a chance and himself too he hadn't allowed himself to have friends it was about time he started now.

;

"You must be more of a day person, thats the only time I see ya." Jack smiled, taking a lick of his ice scream and then immediately regretting it because it was cold, making him pull an odd face which earned him a chuckle.

"The day is so much nicer." Mark said,brushing the topic off, what else could he say? 'Im a day person because I transform into a beast at night.' He even felt crazy just thinking that dammed sentence.

Yet, Jack took note of all the little 'odd' things about Mark. How one day he could see him clean shaven and the next he'd almost have a beard or how after midnight he'd usually fall asleep; how he didn't talk much about himself.

That is how we end up here.

Jacks curiosity had gotten the better of him; he'd gotten drunk after Mark had cancelled for the fifth time that month and he had found his way to his door, knocking at it lazily.

Knowing that the red haired man was ignoring him, he noticed the small alleyway path towards a balcony with slide in doors; now he had no idea how he managed to slide that big door open and startle Mark, him in utter panic as he tried to get Jack to close the door that let the moonlight into the room; he could kill this Irishman right now.

"Close the do-" Thats all he got before he was on his knees, howling. He tried to fight with the fur growing across him and his nails becoming those sharp claws he hated so much;

Jack didn't drink that much did he? Because there was a werewolf where Mark had once stood.

And it went for him, claws and teeth out; Jack felt panic and a harsh hit, then darkness.

...

He rose, laying on a floor that wasn't his; head pounding and vision a little blurry. He got up, Mark asleep in his bed. Jack had had one hell of a dream last night. He didn't get up too hungover to move and instead lay on the floor contemplating life and how he managed to get from the bar to here. Mark woke up with a groan and some panic too he looked at Jack laying on his floor, a scar across his face which looked rather green.

"Jack?"

"Mornin' lad." Jack grumbled, turning onto his side.

"Are you hurt?" The messy-haired man asked worry laced in his voice and features.

"Just hungover." Mark nodded, getting up and walking to the kitchen, leaving Jack on the floor.

He needed to calm down, he didn't remember anything and he prayed neither did Jack.

The man in question joined him a few moments later, snatching a cup of coffee from the counter quicker than The Flash would.

After sipping it, he spoke.

"No idea how I got this cut last night but I had one hell of a dream."

"Listen Jack I- It was me."

Mark stumbled over his words.

"I mean! You basically broke into my apartment and I panicked! Yeah."

Jack burst out laughing as if Mark was a well-known comedian.

"Just funny is all. Could've sworn you turned into a werewolf last night and attacked me."

Mark just shook his head frantically, nervous laughter following.