(85) Fate For A Vampire.

Request from Crybaby_Kari; VAMPY ANGST!! I love Vampire AU's right now. Also, Im working hard on the Last Guardian type oneshot and was wondering if I should split it into two parts or just one lengthy one? Opinions are appreciated! :D

Jack remembered it all so well. How things were going just too good that night, how it all fell apart within seconds. They were strolling through the woods, just after midnight with the moon peaking through the trees and the air cold but not cold enough that you could see one of them breathe. Jacks hand joined with Marks, smiling happily. This was their usual Sunday night adventure, a calm walk through the woods and sometimes they'd hault where they stand, just to see some creature scurry infront of them. But tonight, tonight it'd all go wrong. Jack wish he knew, wish he heard the footsteps behind them.

They turned around, to see a hooded finger in front of them, it sent shivers down Jacks spine because the pair knew exactly what this was; a hunter. They ran out the woods as the hunter chased them. Usually they'd both escape with a few bruises.

Usually.

They got caught in an ally or more specifically, Jack got caught in an ally. The hunter had his stake out and Jack knew it was game over. That was, until Mark stepped in; Fangs and all and the hunter struck him instead, Jack could still hear the stake hitting Mark with a thud and then the almost death look in his eyes as he hit the ground. It haunted him. The hunter ran off, leaving Jack to deal with the devastation. Tears running down his cheeks, as he clung to his partner. He wished he could phone an ambulance but what could he say? Marks fangs were still showing, therefore they would not treat him. So, Jack did the only thing he could. He carried Mark through streets, as he ran hoping not to trip and knocked on this odd shaped house that wasn't seen to the human eye. Jack frantically knocked on the door and it wasn't until it sung open and revealed the Swede that he burst in. "Felix, please help him!" Jack said, panic through his veins and breathless seeing as he ran so long.

The swede quickly bursted into action, brewing some potions. "Im missing something." Felix announced and Jack would do anything, anything to save Mark. "What do you need? Ill do anything." Felix paused for a moment; looking at Jack, a barely readable expression on his face. "I need Vampire dust." Jack relased what he had to do. The only way you get Vampire dust is from a dying Vampire and they couldn't use Marks, because it wouldn't work. Jack ran back into the night, stumbling into a group of hunters and it didn't take long to cause a fight. Felix was to in shock to run after the green haired vampire to yell at him for being so stupid but alas, the only time Jack came back was when he was dying, covering the shop in dust.

"Just save him, okay?" Jack asked, fading fast. Felix only had the power to save one of them and he couldn't deny Jacks wishes. So, sweeping up the dust he shoved it into the little glass bottle that saved a life and chucked it over Mark.

"Tell him I love him, okay?" Jack asked, before he was gone and there was nothing but dust left. A grim fate, for a vampire.

Mark rose, his red hair in front of his face.

He barely said two words or got any questions in before Felix shoved him out the door, he did not want to explain, he did not want to relive what he just saw. Never, in his time of brewing and saving Vampires lives did he see one vampire give for another. Jack must've really loved Mark. Maybe one day Felix would explain it all, but right now - he wanted to clear Jacks ashes up and store them, and brand him the hero he was. He couldn't stomach to relive what just happened.

Alas, Mark did not leave the outside of Felix's shop. After a few days he swung open the small wooden door, for Mark to fall in and wake from his slumber. "What happened to Jack!?" He rose to his feet and picked up Felix by his collar. "Put me down and I'll explain!" Felix snapped, he was tired and still in shock.

They sat at the small round table and Felix poured his heart out there and then explaining how Mark was on the brink of death and Jack pleaded for him to save him. How he could not stop the green haired man running into the night and getting hunted to save Marks life. Felix knew he couldn't have stopped the Vampire, even if he tried. Yet, he still felt guilt as he saw Mark breakdown in front of him.

"He died a hero, He died for you." Felix added, hoping it was something.