(37) M.A.R.K

Everybody needed an escape from reality, right? 

Some have reading

Some have youtube

Some have music.

Jacks escape however, was virtual reality. His system was called M.A.R.K. (Don't ask what it stands for because the author isn't that clever)  He was a virtual character, who showed up in games for help and in a way, was a companion. The future had progressed, and technology was becoming peoples escape. Unfortunately for Jack he got so caught up with M.A.R.K and spent most of his time spending it with this virtual character.
So much so, He had fallen in love with him.
M.A.R.K had red hair, average height and had a deep voice which was comforting to Jack. He spoke often, like "Watch out! That guy is coming at you." His accent was pretty American too, very different to Jacks Irish one. Sure, M.A.R.K was a robot and wasn't real yet he was always their for Jack, He could vent or say anything and he wouldn't be judged because heck, M.A.R.K was just a robot.
Just a robot that made Jack smile and helped him cope. Jack knew M.A.R.K would never be real, yet in this virtual reality he was. Perhaps in an alternative universe, M.A.R.K is praying Jack is real.
And he was.
M.A.R.K shouldn't be able to feel things. It was against his programming, especially to feel things for a human, he was just a bot. Yet the player was fascinating and M.A.R.K was curious. The human had green hair and an accent which M.A.R.K studied and found out was Irish.
He wanted to go against programming and reach out to the human, but couldn't.
If only M.A.R.K was real...