(143) New Years

Heres some fluff! Im a little late with the whole new year thing butttttt, this is too cute to resist. Also sorry for missing the date yesterday, wattpad has been acting up!  (Yes, Im aware that Mark cannot drink but roll with it, okay?) Also, the next upload will most likely angst so here's ya warning!

<3

New Years Eve;

Jack sat at the back of the cramped room, watching people his age and older dance and make complete fools of themselves; getting ready to kiss the year goodbye. Couples of all kinds either arguing or face battling (kissing), Jack downs the remainder of whatever was in his plastic cup to make him feel a little better. He's not sure why he agreed to attend this party, his mind is slightly foggy and he doesn't even remember who's damn party it is in the first place. There's a couple way too close for his liking making disgusting kissing noises and Jack realizes his clouded mind could do with some fresh air.

He wrangles his way through the crowd of drunken, loud, terribly dancing people and finds himself standing outside against a wall, contemplating if he should call a taxi or not. There's a flannel-clad man standing next to him, swaying happily back and fourth on his feet humming to some tune Jack doesn't recognize but hes obviously drunk and not noticed Jack standing beside him.

The man eventually opens his eyes and startles almost losing his footing. Jack helps him ease to his feet and he mumbles something incoherent. The man stands up straight and slurs, voice deeper than Jack would have expected. He looks and sounds familiar but Jacks hazed mind cannot place him where so he brushes it off.

"Im Mark, you're prettyyy." He drags the syllables out and Jack laughs, it sounds smooth but that line certainly wasn't. Jack shakes it off until the man loses his balance and... is sick all over Jacks shoes. Which seems to wake him up a little and his mantra of apologies is probably worse than his shoes being puked on. Maybe if he wasn't so tipsy he'd yell at the guy but his mumbling is pretty cute. Then he pulls his wallet out and decides to hand Jack half of its contents to get new shoes and they fight for a few moments and the man, Mark, wont accept the damn money back. This is ridiculous and could only happen to Jack, he knows.

The man then sees a taxi pull up and gets in, leaving Jack with half his money and no other words, Jack tries to call to him but hes too late.

This is some kind of modern, messed up Cinderella.

;

A sober Jack and around 100 dollars and down a pair of shoes Jack, nurses a black coffee in the morning and contacts Felix, the damn party animal. He remembers drabbles of the night; Drinking, dancing and of course some attractive man puking on his shoes and thrusting dollars his way. He describes little of what he remembers of the man to Felix and he doesn't seem to know who he is or doesn't recognize the description. Jack wants to return the money back, considering the man was so drunk and probably thinks he was robbed or something but it doesn't seem to be happening.

Perhaps the man was someone's plus one or a friend of a friend and that is why Felix doesn't remember either that or Felix was beyond the point of no return due to the copious amounts of alcohol he drank during the night. Jack thought the Irish were infamous for the drink tolerance and yet, Jacks never seen any single human never mind a Swede drink that much fucking alcohol in one night. The guy even danced on tables!

;

"He can't know its me." Mark utters through the phone to a confused Felix. He looks rough as all hell, his hair messy and eyes wide, Marks nursing a coffee which is unusual for the man but hes obviously stressed and hungover as fuck.