(97) Old Flame.

Request from AmazingDan11. This was so fun to write! Also thank you for 37K; Cant believe we are on the road to 40!

Ten whole years.

That's how long it had been since they stopped adventuring, Felix had never gotten over the thrill or thought about future events, only what was happening then, what there plan was for the next adventure and after ten long years of training, bonding, laughing, near-death experiences there was no 'next adventure.' He missed those glory days; He had never taken drugs but he'd imagine that adventuring and going through trials were perhaps, a better high than any drug could offer. Yes, those were the days. He wondered is his old adventuring partner had some physical scars similar to his own.

The one above his upper lip, below his nose. He remembered how he got that one; his own fault perhaps; Him and his partner in crime had split up in a dense gave looking to retrieve a particular bone from there Felix had crept up on him and his partner, precious bone in hand hit him with it. He nearly broke his nose that day but Felix was too busy laughing to care whilst his partner was worrying if they got blood on the very important piece.

The scar across the palm of his hand, barely visible but there. Again, They snuck into some scientists' lair, Felix being memorized by the cool looking walls and advance technology the world hadn't seen yet.

"Don't touch anything." Uttered his Irish partner. Famous last words. Felix got distracted, running his hands across a wall that stood out from the rest and before he had time to remove his hand, there was a spike across it. It hurt a lot but it just so happened that the antidote they needed was behind that wall.

Perhaps his partner would have a scar across his eyebrow, were that crazy weapon making lady had thrown a ninja star at him, that was a bizarre mission.

Yet, one mission had always stood out to him; their last.

Felix hadn't known it was the last mission they'd ever go on but thinking back at it now, he was sure his partner had given it some thought. A wound that would never heal was the one his partner left in his adventure-loving heart.

They were in a dark laboratory, their mission to steal a poison the scientists' were using to kill high powered people; inviting them to their lab showing them their products and then putting poison in their tea. Jack, his partner whom now had to wear a hat on mission because when he was drunk he dyed his hair bright green, his colleagues had a good laugh at that and ordered he wear a hat on missions at all times as to not be easily seen. He was always the stealthy one and Felix being the 'fuck everything and run.' one. It worked; they were the most successful adventures in the team, only two failed missions from the ten years which were back in their younger less experienced days.

This mission was a success but as they were arriving back to base, their journey to quiet when Jack finally spoke up taking off his hat as if paying respects to a dead person.

"Felix I, I can't do this anymore." Jack sighed, not making eye contact with the man beside him and suddenly their journey was at a halt.

"Why not? Its not like you're getting old."

"I am and I want to retire now, I've seen most of the world and I miss home." Jack had given up everything to become an adventurer, his Swedish partner knew that. Felix remembered Jack spilling his heart out to him after one of those failed missions, saying he up and left from Ireland, realizing he wanted to do this. Felix had convinced him then that he couldn't give up back then.

-

After gathering his things for his shared room with Felix, he sighed; meeting Felix's sad and pleading eyes for the first time that day. "Open your hand." Felix just nodded, there was no use asking Jack to stay or telling him how much he meant to him because once the green haired man made his mind up there was absolutely no room for negotiations. But, he dropped a small green charm into his palm. "Its my good luck charm, I found it on a cave floor on our first mission. Keep it." Jack smiled; but it was a sorry smile. Felix just nodded and then pulled the man in for a hug.

That was the last time he saw him. And Felix somewhat hated him for that just disappearing out his life but yet, here he was back in Ireland on a instinct looking for his old partner.

-

So, here we are in the middle of Ireland; Felix ducking in and out of little shops and cafe's hopping to bump into the one that really did get away like some cliche rom-com. It was nearing the end of the day, Felix already lost patience and getting this close to throwing this stupid charm away-

Unmistakable green hair, and a distant accent thicker than Felix remembered. Only he wasn't alone. holding hands with some red headed fellow Felix didn't know but was already jealous. He set out to purposely bump into his old partner and he did, nearly knocking him off his feet.

"Hey watch it!" They locked eyes, the ones that haven't ever changed; twinkling baby blue that were so comforting that made it so worth it. "Felix!" Jack let his instinct kick and wrapped his arms around his old adventuring buddy. His perhaps, boyfriend with the red hair just kind of stood their awkwardly.

Felix had so many questions.

-

Some of those questions couldn't be answered over coffee like Jack had thought; every time he was around Felix there was something unspoken in the air, something needing to be said on Felix's part. Jack knew he wasn't here for nothing so he eyed the Swede closely as he sipped his coffee, eyebrows raised.

"You clearly have questions, ask." Of course, the ever demanding and up front one; some things don't change.

"...Why didn't you contact me?" Felix said it almost harshly, the words lingering.

"I had to escape that life. I should have contacted you, I'm sorry."

'I loved you, I love you.' Felix wanted to scream but instead took another sip of his coffee.

"I didn't think I'd you say again, Your hair hasn't changed." Oh god, his heart hurt seeing Jack again.

"Why are you here, Fe? After all these years I thought you hated me for leaving."

"I did. You were the one that got away; From adventuring to bed hoping, I couldn't get you out my damn mind and coming here I see you with some raven haired hulk, somebody I could never be. You know why I'm here, Sean? I'm here cause I fucking love you and I hate it." Felix finished his sentence, slapping his cup on the table, nearly breaking it due to the force he set it down with and suddenly it all made sense to Jack and he froze, he heard the hurt. The hurt he caused.

Sadness turned into anger.

"You just turned up here, expecting me to run into your arms?"

Felix stood up, they were basically the same height but since Jack was still sitting.

"That would've been fucking nice, y'know."

"You want me to give up everything for you, huh? You are crazy!" Jack snapped back only to have Felix grab him and pull him closer to him. Anger through his veins and then the gap between them was non-existent. Felix kissed Jack because this was his only chance and Jack kissed him back. Everything Felix didn't say or couldn't was said in those few moments; it made up for all the stolen glances in Jack in the daylight, almost getting them caught on those stupid missions, those stupid missions Felix adored so much.

After pulling away; Felix realized something.

"I'll go." Felix spoke gently, he wanted the man in front of him to be happy, he did. He felt pretty tranquil just seeing Jack; looking exactly the same with slightly darker green hair and innocent baby blues.

"Perhaps that is best. I'm sorry Felix." He understood, he did and that stupid one-off kiss made everything worth it. The plane ride over here, the cafe hopping, the ten years he hadnt looked into those baby blues. He wasn't here to ruin Jacks happiness. Before leaving though, he gave Jack his lucky charm back.

"Maybe it'll bring you luck too, no doubt you'll see me on the news or something."

Love, sometimes isn't about being with the person you've wanted forever; Sometimes its understanding they are happier with another. Something Felix hadn't understood until now.