(29) 1K Special-Shot.

I did NOT expect this at all. Thank You all.

Special thanks to;

 _NoOneImportant_ For the constant support and encouragement and even ideas!

 KAYLEIGHDUN For making my Egobang covers and a good kick up the butt to keep this running!

 phan20171 For making the cover for these oneshots and convincing me to post here.

And Finally, to all YOU too. For giving me the confidence in my lil one shots and for reading.

This Special Shot is inspired by Uncharted 4, so there may be spoilers! So read at your own risk of spoilers.

Jack struggled under the ropes which dug into his skin. "Fuck!" He muttered in frustration. The man who had his back against him, Who was in the same position spoke calmly, yes calmly. How he did Jack would never know. "Look Jack, We're tied together and probably gonna die when Yami gets here. Stop struggling." Jack kicked the cold concrete floor clearly annoyed by Marks words. "You Just expect me to accept death!? After everything! This is your fucking fault. Get us out of this for god sake, you escaped from a high security prison you can get out of fucking rope!" He yelled at the top of his lungs. He was right, It was Marks fault they were in this mess.
-.
It started a few months ago when Mark came rushing into their shared home, a wrapped up map in his hands and his hair sticking up. Jack nearly dropped their dinner at Marks hectic movements. "Look what we found at the site!" Mark worked for a scrap metal company whom worked at sea. He'd usually come home with little finds which he'd keep from himself, it was a surprise he wasn't fired for it yet. He laid they map on the table, it was ripped at the edge and old looking, still glistening from the waters. Despite this, it was readable. Jack stood in awe, coordinates for treasure perhaps? A large, almost comical X stood in the center of the map. "Y'know what this means?"
Jack shook his head, he didn't.
"Treasure, Jack! Money! We'd just have to find it..." Mark trailed off.
It was no secret the men were broke, Marks job paid enough but they'd always wanted more. Greed, possibly man's biggest downfall
-.
Jack shook his head. Why did he let Mark drag him into this? "If we get out of this, I'm divorcing your ass!" Mark chuckled, he had some nerve. "Yeah, if." Why had Mark suddenly just given up? They'd come so far, so close to their wildest dreams and suddenly, Their only dream was to live. Strange how circumstances can change so quickly.
-.
"We'd just have to find it sure, but Mark the world is a pretty big place." Jack mused, shorting some vegetables and mashed potatoes evenly on two plates. "Well, It looks like the X is possibly in Madagascar?" Jack nodded, were they really cut out for treasure hunting?
-.
It was just these two stuck in this situation, they stupidly got other involved and due to eminence greed, were betrayed. They brought Bob, Wade and Felix. Bob and Wade chickened out about half way through but Felix, he never gave up. They got to Madagascar, and that's where the trouble started.
-.
"Just give me the map Mark!" Felix argued, tugging on the paper. Mark gave a harsh tug as Jack walked up and down trying to stop the fighting. "No way Felix, We're a team!" "Yeah right, If if wasn't for be you'd be dead already!" "Boys, stop this!" Jack yelled but to no avail.
A tug on the map from Mark.
A tug on the map from Felix.
Tug,Tug,Tug....
Rip.
The map split in two, and Felix ran off to where ever, Mark too much in shock to move. Now they only had half an X, Felix now had the other.
-.
The rope fell to the floor finally, Mark and Jack were free. The began running through the old destroyed castle; The treasure was probably already taken my Felix and Yami who had probably fought it out for treasure. So, Although Jack and Marks marriage was in shambles and they had little to no money, they were alive at least.
-.
After combining their money they had enough to buy a plane ticket or two. Taking a normal plane and going back to a normal life wouldn't be easy at all. They lost friends and made enemies, escaped death narrowly more than once. Before leaving they tried to rescue Felix, who refused insanely cradling whatever treasure he had rescued it was a sorry state to see a man too wrapped up in greed to think straight. The left him be, Jack was thankful really, That could've been him or Mark driven insane by greed and obsession for something more.
Truth is, you never really need something more.  

-.

Mark and Jack came into their house, Chica running around excitedly. "Samantha? Where are you? Its time to go!" Mark shouted, curious. Jack began walking around to see where she was. He found her in their storage room for all their treasures. Oh no. They'd have a lot of explaining to do. "Mark, I found her..." Mark came beside Jack, peeking through the door to see Samantha in awe of all their treasure. She was fifteen now and it was perhaps time to explain Jack and Marks hobbies to their daughter. Mark opened the door. "Sam, What are you doing in here?" She jumped. "Oh Uh, Im sorry dad! I-I got curious..." She sighed. "Its okay,  I guess Jack and I have some explaining to do, right?" She nodded, corssing her arms. "Well..." Jack butted in.

...And that's how we almost lost our lives AND Marriage."