(38) Let Me Love You...

Its difficult trying to love somebody who doesn't want to be loved.

This was Jacks problem. He was in love with a certain stubborn red headed man. The day he had met Mark, took Jacks breath away. Little did Jack know, Mark was... complicated. He never let anyone in, including Jack. They were in a relationship, if you could call it that. Jack cared too much for his own good. Mark suffered heartbreak after heart break, abuse and the wrong relationship. Due to this, Mark was afraid to let anyone in. Because when you do, you give them the ability to destroy you completely and when they turn your world upside down - Who is to blame? Yourself, in Marks mind. Don't let anyone in and they cant hurt you.... That was his method. Jack loved Mark and would never give up on him, even if Mark pushed, and pushed. Perhaps he'd push Jack too far.
-.
And this particular night, he did. 

Jack got wasted that night, done with Marks stubbornness and came home at three in the morning. Mark was still awake - busy doing whatever Mark did. "Jack, its late. You should sleep?" Jack slumped next to Mark. "As if you care what I do." Truth was, Mark did care - just in a Mark way. "Of course I care." "Who broke you so bad, Mark? Who made you this way?" Jack asked, his heart hurting.

'The world made me this way', Mark thought.
"Jack you're drunk."
"Tell me something I dont know like, who made you this way?" Mark turned away, He too, was hurting. "I made myself this way." He lied. A lot of people made him this way. Jack stood, almost taking a tumble and walked to the red headed man. "Let me fix you." Jack whispered, stroking Marks hair. Tears rolled down Marks cheeks. "Im broken beyond repair, Jack." He spoke his, voice breaking. "Im gonna fix you. Please. Let me. I love you." That was the first time someone said 'I love you' to Mark in months, no years.
-.
There wasn't an immediate change in Mark after that night, but he made an effort with Jack. Dont get me wrong, he was absolutely terrified. Although Slowly but surely, he let Jack in. He prayed Jack never gave up on him - because he'd be on his own again, suffering another heartbreak and loosing himself.
Those who are stone cold, were once warm.
Those who are warm, were once stone cold.

-.
Mark sat with Jack, his red puffy eyes nearly matching his hair. "You never gave up on me.." He said, sniffling. It had been three years, and Jack had never left his side. "I never would." Mark held Jack tight. "Please.. dont ever give up on me." Jack stared into the hazel eyes he loved so much, Hazel eyes that hid pain. Hazel eyes that hid the admiration for the blue eyes staring into them. No words were spoken, because everything was being said by eye contact.
Like a tornado meeting a volcano.
It could be a destructive, world destroying, mess. But it wasnt.
Jack never destroyed Mark, even if he has the chance too. And although in the beginning, Mark nearly destroyed Jack, Pushing him to his limits. Yet he stayed. - He realized Mark really needed him and Jack needed Mark too.