(8) Accepting

[TRIGGER WARNING]

 "Faggot."

 "Freak."

 "Poof." 

 "Disgusting."

Jack could hear the insults and homophobes already. He had come to terms of the fact that he was gay, there was no trying to hide it anymore. He couldn't outrun those demons no matter how fast he ran, they'd always catch up with him. He couldn't tell anyone, however. They'd never accept him, they'd say it was unnatural, disgusting, vile even. He lay there on his bed, his door locked and sobbing. He didn't want this, why couldn't he just be normal? It was constantly drummed into him as a child that being gay was wrong, he was wrong. Jack felt sick, running to the bathroom and emptying everything in his stomach. He couldn't do this, he had to talk to someone, anyone. He reached for his phone and scrolled through his contacts, landing on a familiar name;
"Mark." without hesitation he dialed the number, it seemed to ring for longer than usual. Jack was becoming impatient and frustrated at the ringing he was just about to throw his phone and lose it, when the ringing stopped and the comforting voice of his friend rang through - "Hello?" Jack rushed his words, stomach in knots and tears down his face. "IneedtotellyousomethingMark" he breathed. "Slow down, what is it?" He sighed. "Just get over here, asap!" Mark could hear the panic within his voice and as soon as he hung up, he basically ran towards Jacks house, almost breaking the door down at his furious knocking. As soon as the door opened Mark was already inside and half way up the stairs. He was out of breath when he reached Jacks door, he raised his hand to knock when the door opened revealing a puffy eyed rather green looking Jack. He lunged into Marks arms and began sobbing.
~
After a long hour of mostly silence, the only noise being Jacks sniffling. Mark sat up, moving carefully as Jack lay on his chest. "It's okay, Jack. I accept you for you, no matter who else doesn't. You're not a freak, nothing of the sort." Jack smiled "Mark, I can't thank you enough for this, I-" He was cut off by soft lips to his. "I love you too." Ever since then, Jack told his parents whom didn't fully accepted it but didn't fully not accepted it. In school Jack would openly say he was gay and even walked through the halls holding Marks hand proudly, he was even bold enough to kiss him whenever, where ever he pleased.