(120) Reality

Request from omlynnI have to say, I did struggle with this one and I apologize if it confuses you all. Also an absolutely massive thank you for 81,000 reads - I have no words to even fathom that and its daunting yet wonderfully exciting! Honored to be apart of this community.

Light angst.

Anthropophobia - the fear of people.

Jack has always been lonely.

Maybe lonely is not the right word, Jack wasn't sad he didn't have any friends - it was more out of his own fear.

Sharing a lift with somebody, his heart would race and his head spin. He'd pray the person wouldn't say anything or move any closer to him.

Or asking the lunch lady for extra potatoes, he just wouldn't; Too close, people had to keep their distance around him otherwise he'd just panic.

Jack has never been close with anyone really, never had true friends; he was more terrified of himself than them, scared he'd lash out or hurt them because they invaded his space.

Thus why, High school was a complete whirlwind of hell. Jack wasn't the most social of people he admits; but lord knows he tried. His pre-high school years were okay but he was always the shy kid preferring to play with inanimate objects than with other children (at least the inanimate objects couldn't throw sand in his face or steal his milk from his little green lunchbox.) But high school was ten, hundreds, times worse. He felt boxed in by others, too different and it caused him to lash out at those who even glanced his way wrong.

Jack was never good with people.

He didn't know what a friend circle was, finding it hard to fathom that people actually got on with each other; So after begging his parents for a way out, they gave him one.

Homeschooling, somewhere he thrived, learning at his own pace and learning what he wanted too and most importantly, no boxed in from people no feeling like he was an outcast, just him in his room or in the living room on occasion. It was going well until his parents became too busy to teach with work and all (Jack insisted he could teach himself but his parents were having none of it), and they insisted he got a tutor, who was new to the area and would start on Monday. His stomach dropped.

"I'm not good with people, dad!" He yelled but he knew it was no use at heart.

Jack was dreading Monday.

;

So, he overslept and the door woke him up; probably the tutor. Jack did plan on ignoring it but the tutor just kept knocking and knocking.

"Alright! Fuck sake." Jack mumbled, hair messy - eyes clouded from sleep. The door swung open to reveal a complete opposite of Jack; Raven hair perfectly to the side neat glasses and a timid smile.

It infuriated Jack but was also slightly charming. Jack took an extra step back from the door.

"Sean is it? Wait no, Its Jack sorry I-" Jack couldn't help but laugh at this nerdy looking boy stood at his front door. Jack let him in, stepping aside as he chuckled. He felt almost at ease, almost. He could still feel his heart pounding slightly. It would still be hard to let Mark in and to get used to him.

After getting dressed and trying (failing) too sort his bed head out Jack sat at the table across from Mark who was pulling big textbooks from his backpack.

Mark put it on the table with a thud and Jack opened it, silent and unsure what to say. He began looking through the number of equations upon the pages mumbling a 'math was never my strong suit.' as his brain began to hurt already just at a peek from all the numbers and lines.