Perfect

~ Septiplier ~

954 Words

They all expected too much from him, and he pushed away the only one who truly loved him
*Mentions Of Underage Drinking And Depression*

Third Person POV:

Bitter liquid hit the buds of his tongue. Eyes clenched shut as it rushed through his body. He should be out, with friends, at a party, getting drunk with other people, but instead he is sitting alone in his car, downing a bottle of Bacardi. Buzzing erupted from his phone as some girls and several 'friends' asked what he was doing tonight. All he wanted to do was throw his phone out the window. Just as the buzzing was about to drive him insane, a new name flashed on his screen.

Jack: i miss you

The glass of his heart had shattered at the three words. That boy was so special to him, but he'd been ignoring him for so long now.

* Flashback *

Soft lips moved against each other passionately. Rough fingers entwined with smooth nimble ones. A simple breeze passed them as they stood there, enjoying each other, on the side walk by the older's home. The loving moment was broken by the sound of yelling, fighting, coming from the little old house.

"I have to go," Mark sighed, breaking the kiss hesitantly.

"You don't have to," blue, concerned, eyes looked into brown. "You shouldn't have to."

"I'll see you later, okay? I'll text you," the older faked a smile and pecked the rosy cheeked boy's lips.

"Mark," Jack frowned.

"I love you."

With a sigh of defeat, the brunette whispered, "I love you, too."

Looking down at their fingers, his smile fell along with his fingers. Steadily, he walked up to the door of his house, not looking back, and walked inside, the yelling only increasing in volume. He winced at the sound of a bottle smashing, looking out a nearby window to see his boyfriend walking away with a frown on his lips.

* End Of Flashback *

A five hundred dollar piece of metal and glass was chucked into the passenger seat beside him. Hand going through his hair, he let out a groan of frustration.

He missed him, too, so fucking much.

The way his lips felt against his own, the way his eyes lit up when he was happy, the way he smiled. Jack cared, he always cared, asking Mark if he'd rather stay the night with him than be at home, telling him that he didn't need to try so hard because he'd always be perfect to him. Why'd he throw that away? Simple: his father wouldn't allow it. If he ever found out that his son was gay, well, he'd fucking kill him. So would his mother. His family expects so much from him.

Football was the most important, he's worked so hard for so long. Learning all the techniques, earning the hearts of many cheerleaders, gaining the attention of coaches, and getting more and more friends. The only problem with football would have to be that Mark fucking hates the sport. He couldn't care less about it. Honestly, ever since he met Jack, all he cares about is seeing him smile and holding his hand. But he can't do those things anymore. He's becoming like his father, drinking his sorrows, dating so many girls he can't even keep track. That's a lot of girls for a gay dude.

Although, he'd never slept with any of them, he couldn't get himself to do it. Just having to smile at them, like they meant something to him, made him feel disgusting. All he could ever think about was that beautiful, baby blue eyed brunette. His mind was scattered, like an office full of papers that were thrown around willy-nilly, but all of his thoughts were about Jack. No matter how much he tried to deny it, he fucking missed him. He loved him. Marks' lost without him. Jack helped him through everything.

He misses the boy's reassuring words and gentle touch. Those late night cuddles and kisses were what he lived for. Without them he doesn't know what he's doing.

In an instant, his cell phone was in his hand.

Mark: i miss you, too

It was wrong and everyone would hate him if they knew, but, right now, he just needs a hug.

Mark: can we meet up? at our spot

Jack: i'll be there in 10

Sure, it was a stupid decision, and he just knew Jack would scold him for it, but he started up his car, and started driving. Thankfully, he wasn't too intoxicated, but he kind of looked forward to Jack calling him stupid for driving drunk. God, he missed that adorable boy so much.

Then, there he was. Dressed in a pair of blue skinny jeans and an oversized black hoodie, standing there under the starry night sky. When he looked to Mark, his eyes glowed in the moonlight and glistened. Mark's eyes glossed over as they welled with tears. Soon, Jack was in the older's arms, each holding the other, tightly.

"I missed you so much," Jack whispered. "Please don't leave me again."

"I'm not going anywhere."

"I love you, even though you smell like alcohol," Jack giggled lightly.

Mark huffed, "I love you, too."

They just stayed there for a moment, eyes locked, bodies very close. Heat radiated off of them, transferring through their chests.

"Aren't you going to kiss me, ya' big doof'?"

Just a smile. Then a kiss. Maybe Mark didn't need to be perfect because Jack still loved him, despite how many mistakes he made. Mark didn't need football or an accepting, alcoholic father when he had a beautiful boy that loved him unconditionally.

Things were perfect.