The Demon That Lives In My Head (part 2)

~ Septiplier One Shot ~

1050 Words

After Mark saved Jack from making the biggest mistake he ever could make he wants to make sure Jack knows how much he loves him, this is how they spend their lives together:

Jack's POV:

He saved me. He saved me. But why? We haven't even spoken before this. Why did he care?

He brought me into his car after the incident. I sat in the passenger seat, not knowing where we were going or why. He was very attractive, looking at him now. So why did he say he liked me?

He's popular, what he doing here with a nobody? So many questions but I don't have the guts to ask them. So I start crying.

Everything came back to me and I couldn't keep it in. Fuck me for being so emotional. He turned to me concern covering his face.

"Jack, it's ok now. I'm never letting you feel alone again. I promise I'll be here for you, just please talk to me."

"Why did you save me?" I said between sobs.

"I've always had a crush on you, but none of my friends liked you. I'm stupid so I let them boss me around. I wish I had talked to you earlier. But I felt like something was really wrong so I followed you after school. I care about you Jack, no matter what they say."

He reached over and held my hand, rubbing circles into my palm with his thumbs. He has a crush on me? Why? What is wrong with him?

For some reason I felt I could trust him. All I knew was he was here and Anti wasn't, I felt safe.

We arrived in front of a house, probably his.

"I figured you could stay with me, I want to keep you safe."

I nodded and got out of the car following him inside, our hands still laced together. He led me into a bedroom and started looking through some clothes. It was about 8:30 pm now.

"You can borrow my clothes, I hope you don't mind."

I didn't mind. He passed me some clothes and smiled warmly. I changed and so did he.

We laid in his bed just staring at the ceiling. Then I turned to him and smiled. He looked at me, a questioning look on his face.

"Thank you Mark." I whispered.

He smiled at me, "I love you Jack."

What? That's a first. Did I love Mark? I don't know. I think I do.

I moved closer to him and wrapped my arms around him, nuzzling my face in his chest. He wrapped his strong arms around me as well and held me close.

"I love you too, Mark."

*5 years later*

Me and Mark have been dating since he saved me. After high school we got an apartment together.

He loves me, and I never stopped questioning why. It was all so bizarre, someone cared about me.

I haven't cut since we got together. Anti had seemed to disappear. Mark was so proud of me, I'm 5 years clean.

But Mark can't hear my thoughts, and they can get quite dark. I try to be honest with him but it'd hurt him if he knew I still wanted to hurt myself.

Mark is the only reason I'm still here. I really do love him more than anything in the world. I don't want to hurt him. I just want to hurt myself.

"I'll be back around 6 tonight, love you!"

I hugged him goodbye before he walked out the door.

"Don't forget to shave your scruff, love." He said after kissing me.

I nodded and laughed a bit. He walked out and I went to go shave. I've let it grow a little, don't want to look like that news guy, Daniel Keem.

I reached the bathroom and shut the door behind me. I picked up the razor and looked at myself in the mirror.

The razor was taunting me. I thought I would be more stable than this. No, Jack. Don't do it, just shave and go watch tv.

Go on, Jack. Do it. Don't let Mark be like your ma was. Do what you need to. You deserve this. Do it! Now!

I started crying as I heard that familiar voice. No matter how much I didn't want him to be, he was always right. Always.

Do it!

I nodded and dug the blade into my flesh, watching the blood drip down my wrist. I deserve this. I'm worthless.

"Jack, I forgot my-" his jaw dropped as his keys fell to the floor. "Jack!"

He grabbed me and held me close before taking the razor from me and throwing it away. We both sunk to the floor, me sitting in his lap.

"I'm so sorry, Mark." I nuzzled my head into the crook of his neck.

Now we were both crying and sitting on the bathroom floor, blood slowly dripping off my arm. I did it again, I hurt him.

"I'm so sorry. I love you so much. I'm so sorry." I whispered, still sobbing.

He was my everything and what I did to him was awful. I'm horrible. He doesn't deserve this.

"Please, Jack, I need you to stop doing this. I love you."

I nodded and hugged him tighter. I won't give in to that demon in my head anymore.

Never again.

-

(A/N): When it comes to these stories, I kind of write them slightly based off of me. Slightly. They mean a lot to me because like Jack was, I'm struggling to stop cutting. I haven't for about a week and a half, it's so hard. In that entire time I've been around a razor once to shave my legs. It's really difficult to stop this. I really tried to portray that through Jack. I hope it came off in that way. These stories mean a lot to me, a little more than my other stories. I really hope this was good. Also, when I say I love you guys I hope you know I mean it. You guys mean the world to me and, you really help me through the tough times. Thank you so fucking much! I love you guys more than anything:)