Lovely Little (2)

~ Danti One Shot ~

1568 Words

Part 2: Dark brings Anti to the carnival
*All Cliché Fluff (Also, Its Still DD/LB So If You're Uncomfortable With It, Don't Read It, M8)*

Dark's POV:

As soon as we saw the lights and giant carnival rides in the distance, he seemed to slip into little space. He began bouncing in the passenger seat beside me, smiling wide (and absolutely adorably), as our car pulled up to the carnival parking lot. When the car stopped moving, he practically leapt out of the leather seat. I smiled and followed him, locking the car before I chased after my giggling boyfriend.

"Hey, Anti, wait up!"

When I finally caught up to him, I grabbed his hand, gently, and laced our fingers together.

"But, Darky. I wanna go on the rides," He pouted, holding out the 'i' in his last word.

I chuckled lightly before kissing his cheek, "We will, don't worry, love. I just have to get us tickets. Be patient, my little prince."

He pouted, giving me a quick nod in return, as we approached the ticket booth, our hands still laced together. I payed the man at the booth, $20 for 20 tickets. The man hadn't said anything, but he eyed Anti in such a judgmental way, pissing me off. If Anti hadn't had so eager to get to the rides, I would've knocked his teeth out for looking at my precious baby boy like that.

We walked off, well, I was dragged off while Anti pulled me towards the rides, past all the food stands. The scent of various fried, sugary, foods filled my nostrils. I haven't been to one of these in a while, the smell alone brings back childhood memories.

"Darky! Look!" Anti gasped, pointing toward a glowing, pastel pink and gold carousel. "Can we go on it?"

He was so excited and eager, it was so adorable. Everything about him made me smile. The day I met him he was crowned 'The Cutest Person I've Ever Seen', and somehow seeing him like this, in his little headspace, he got even cuter (if that was possible). As soon as we started dating, I soon realized the smile that played on my lips would only ever leave when we were apart. Seeing him made me so happy, and seeing him happy made me even happier. This is what love feels like.

Nodding in response to his question, I felt him release my hand and practically sprint off toward the brightly lit carousel. I looked him over as he ran off, making sure not to lose sight of him, smiling at the cute little outfit he'd picked out before we left the house. Sure, his blue and white striped, ankle socks, the ones with little yellow ducks on them, didn't match his soft pastel colored, flower print, overall shorts, but he looked absolutely adorable. Plus, he was happy, and that's all that mattered.

I walked over to him, and soon enough, the man running the machine let us go on, along with many other carnival goers. I handed over 4 tickets, following a patch of fluffy green hair as my boyfriend looked for the perfect painted horse. He looked at me, flashing a toothy smile, his eyes filled with child-like wonder and shimmering in the carnival lights. My heart beat faster at the adorable sight of Anti climbing over top a white horse with gold reins, covered in pastel pink roses. Even though he is technically an adult and doesn't need it, I pulled the black safety strap around his back, buckling him in because I knew it'd make him happy.