Coffee Stalker

~ Septiplier One Shot ~

707 Words

Third Person POV:

Jack stood behind the counter that separated him from all the customers. The scent of coffee and the sound of people talking on the phone, tapping away at their laptops, and sometimes, having interviews, was very familiar to Jack.

Working at a coffee shop was a nice way to earn some extra cash. Sure, it isn't a very exciting job, but hey, he gets some money. Well, there's also one thing that's kind of peculiar, well, someone.

You see, there's this guy, that guy with the bright red hair, who always comes in, asking Jack for his number, or just to go on a date with him. Jack declined every offer, never wanting to get close to anyone, not even a hot, possibly Korean guy.

This Irish teenager doesn't like to get close to many people, in fact, he has one friend, Marzia. Marzia works with him at the cafe, and over the years, they've grown quite fond of each other. They started hanging out, talking about cute guys, especially one named Felix, and just goofing around.

Sometimes, Marzia does his make-up and they try on different skirts and outfits. Yes, Jack is a boy who happens to like wearing make-up and skirts. He likes to feel pretty, nothing wrong with that.

Anyways, Marzia keeps urging the green haired boy to go on one date with this guy, just to see how it goes.

"He's cute though, and he obviously isn't going to give up until you go out with him at least once. Just one date, Jack," Marzia persuaded as she filled a coffee cup, with warm, refreshing, black liquid.

"He's pretty much stalking me, he knows the exact times when I get out of school, go to work, and leave work. Doesn't that sound the least bit, I dunno, creepy?!" Jack countered.

"It's not creepy, it's cute," the bell rang, indicating a customer had just entered, both workers looked up to see that guy again.

"Speak of the devil," Jack murmured, walking over to the cash register.

The boy smiled at the sight of Jack, a very different reaction from the Irish boy, who just sighed before putting on a fake smile.

"What can I get you, sir?" Jack said in his cheeriest, fake as hell, voice. 

"I'll have a lemon iced tea, one piece of lemon cake, and.." The boy said, stretching out the word 'and' as if he was thinking. "Your number."

"Look, dude, I don't even know your first name and you keep asking me on dates and for my number-"

"My name is Mark Fischback, pleasure to meet my future boyfriend formally," Mark interrupted.

Jack glanced at Marzia, who was now on Mark's side of the counter, smiling at him, giddily.

"So, now can I take you on a date?"

Marzia nodded quickly, behind Mark, giving Jack a 'thumbs up'.

Jack sighed, rolling his eyes slightly, "One date, then will you leave me alone?"

"Yes, unless you don't want me to by the end of it."

"I wouldn't get your hopes up," Jack said, receiving a slightly rough elbow to his arm, as Marzia once again stood beside Jack.

"Don't be rude!" She whispered, making Jack giggle slightly.

"So that's a yes to the date?" Mark asked, his smile widening.

"I guess so," Jack said, another sigh escaping his lips.

"Great, when does your shift end?" Mark asked, even though he clearly knew the answer.

"7:00," Marzia chimed.

"Alright, can I pick you up from here?"

"I guess."

"Perfect, see you then, Jack!" Mark said, excitement filling him as he walked out of the coffee shop.

"Great," Jack said, annoyed, even though a small, teeny-tiny part of him, was excited.

"Yay! Now I get to pick out your outfit and do your make-up!" Marzia smiled, excitedly.

"You'd do that anyways."

"But now you have a reason to be dressed up!"

"I suppose."

"Great, I'm going to run home quick and grab something for you to wear, maybe some make-up, cover me," She said, grabbing her purse and hanging up her apron.

"You're lucky it's not busy hour," Jack called after her as she ran out the door.

Tonight was going to be something else.