The Obsessed Fan (Mia's POV) Chapter 1.1

"MIA!" my 8-year-old brother Derek yelled at me.

Does he really have to be so annoying?

"What do you want?" I asked him, not really caring whether he gives me an answer. "I'm going back to sleep."

"We're gonna get our visas remember?" He told me, pulling me - literally, may I add - out of my bed.

"Huh?" I woke up, suddenly going face-to-face with the multiple posters of my idol, role model, and my mental boyfriend, Greyson Chance. I suddenly remembered what today was and I finally understood what Derek was talking about. I quickly hopped out of bed and looked for my flops.

But my little brother's existence is quite irritating.

"Derek, get out of my room. I'm gonna get dressed." I told him.

"But it's my room, too!" He told me with sad puppy eyes.

Not working, kid.

I did what Mum would've done. "On the count of five you should be out."

"HMPH!" Derek said, covering his ears and pouting.

"One......" I began counting, slowly removing his ears from his head.

"Two......"

"Mia!" He whined. "Do I have to?"

"Yes." I said, beginning to tickle him. "Three."

Derek laughed. "Mia stop it!"

"Not until you get out of my room" I said.

"Four." I stopped tickling him. He really won't, okay that's fine.

"Four and a half." I told him, I don't usually get this impatient, but I just couldn't wait for today.

"JUST GET THE HELL OUTTA MY ROOM!" I yelled.

I don't care if he weighed 64 lbs. I wanted him out of my room this instant. So I lifted him up, let him down at the hallway, then locked the door of our room. I sighed and thought, 'In 3, 2, 1," snapped my fingers, then I heard Derek shriek.

"Mum!"

Here we go again.

"Mia!" Yelled the unbelieveably loud voice that belonged to my mum.

I sighed. "Coming, Mum!"

I put on a black Coldplay t-shirt and a pair of leggings, then jogged downstairs.

"Good morning, Mum!"

She seemed to ignore my cheerfulness. "What did you do to Derek this time?!"

Damn it, mother! I'm about to get a Visa for the home country of my future husband and here you are, spoiling my day.

"Mum, all I did was tell him not to look at me while I dress up"

"DEREK! How could you even think about doing that? You're only eight!" She placed a very convincing shocked look on her face.

Oh wait, she actually was convinced oh my gosh.

I seriously couldn't stop laughing. I love my gullible mum.

"Mum, Mia's lying! She carried me and dropped me on the hallway!"

And mum says,

"Mia! How could you even think about doing that?"

"I told you, I needed to dress up."

"Well, you could've asked him to get out of you're room"

"Mom, I did!"

Then Derek joined our convo "Mummy, Mia didn't say please! That's why I didn't get out."

I rolled my eyes "Okay, well can you please shut up?"

"Be nice to your brother." Dad says, finally looking up from the newspaper.

"Ugh, fine." I said. I ate the cereal directly from the box [swallow], drink the milk from the box [swallow], look at my lips [wipe], then walked to my room [Like. A. Boss.].

Why does my life have to be like this? I couldn't wait to have a one-on-one conversation with Greyson Chance. I looked at one of my posters, then began to envy his superstar life, and the way he seemed to enjoy it. Once again, I get lost in my thoughts...

Greyson holds my hand and I lean on his shoulder, all my problems fade away.

"Mia, I love you...." He sighed against my lips. Oh, I know you beautiful creature. "Will you be my girlfriend?" He finally asked, causing me to giggle.

"I will," I sighed. "And I love you, too." We start kissing passionately, like a world where only the two of us exist. If that ever happened in real life, though, I don't think I would've survived.

"Mia." The way he says my name makes me want to squeal and do crazy things like what my fangirl personality could manage. "Yes?" Was what I ended up saying instead.

"Mia, Mia, Mia, Mia." Derek, is that you?

"Yes? Greyson what is it?"

"Mia!" a loud, high pitched voice shouted at me. I woke up from my fantasies and found myself face-to-face with my evil little brother.

"GAH! How'd you get here? I told you to keep outta my room!" I shrieked at him.

"Um, I used the door. . . ? And you heard mum. It's my room, too. And why were you calling me Greyson?" He asked me, then winked.

It really was Derek. I sighed.

"Shut up, dork! Since when did you care?"

"Doesn't matter right now. She was calling you a few minutes earlier."

"Screw you, Derek. What'd you tell her this time?"

I hate this kid.

"I told her I'd come get you. Now, get in the car."

I rolled my eyes at him, but nodded and got in.

Once the interview was done, Mum and Dad took us out for ice cream. I hated the flavor they got me. Chocolate. Gross. Peace, to all you chocolate lovers. I'm a vanilla person. For the rest of the day, I just stayed emo. No one seemed to care though. But if only Greyson were here to light up my dark day, I'd be way better off.