Chapter 69

Tyler's POV

It's painful being at home recently. Amy is three days late, and to say she's frustrated is an understatement. She is constantly complaining about everything, and getting angry about the smallest things. She also cries more than usual, and I didn't think that was possible. So it's starting to get uncomfortable at home.

Mom, dad, Candace and Cassidy all flew in two days before Amy's due date. They were supposed to leave today, but they stayed to be here for when Amy does go into labour. They've been staying with us while we wait. We're all just waiting for it to happen. I didn't travel with the team for the playoffs in case it happened while I was gone.

We've met with Layla, and she's given us a few tips on what we can do to try to induce labour. And we've tried just about everything. Amy's been eating nothing but spicy food. We've tried different teas and oils. I give Amy massages. I even took her for acupuncture. Amy's been exercising a little. The only thing we haven't tried is sex because my family's here.

I'm just really hoping this baby comes out soon. Partly because I just want to hold him already, and partly because I just want Amy to calm down. I don't know if I can take another minute of Amy's frustration. I love the woman more than anything in the world, but this is a whole new side of her that I've never seen.

"For fuck's sake," I hear Amy shout from the kitchen.

"What's wrong?," I yell as I sit in the living room with the dogs.

"Everything is wrong," she exclaims.

I take a deep breath, preparing myself to go see what happened. I glance at the dogs, and they give me what looks like a look of encouragement. I get up from the couch, and make my way into the kitchen. I find Amy standing in there, looking at the ground. She dropped two eggs.

"I thought you're not supposed to have eggs?," I say as I start to clean up the mess.

"It's not for me. I was trying to make breakfast for everyone else," Amy explains. "But then I dropped some eggs because I'm a failure, and nothing ever goes right for me."

I sigh. "Baby, it's just eggs. It's not a big deal."

"No, it is a big deal. Everyone is still here because I haven't had the baby yet. So I wanted to do something nice, but then I messed that up. And I couldn't even clean it up because my stomach is in the way because I'm still pregnant when I should've had the baby three days ago."

As Amy talks, her voice gets louder until she's yelling. But as soon as she's done, she quickly goes from angry to upset and she bursts into tears. I do a final wipe on the ground, and get up to comfort Amy. I wrap my arms around her shoulders, and she grasps onto my shirt as she cries into my chest.

"Amy, it's perfectly normal to be late," I say. "Layla says it's common for a lot of women. The baby's just not ready to come out yet, but he will be soon."

"But why doesn't he want to come out yet? Nothing we've done so far has worked. What if something is wrong? I just want him out and with us," she mumbles.

"Maybe he doesn't want to come out because he likes it in there. You've just made such a nice home for him that he doesn't want to leave. He likes spending every second with his mom."

Amy sniffles, and then looks up at me. "Thank you for always making up bullshit to make me happy."

"I'm your boyfriend. I will make up a ton of bullshit if it puts a smile on your face," I tell her with a chuckle.

"You keep forgetting that you're not my boyfriend anymore. You're my fiancé," she says with a smirk.

"No, I remember. I just like hearing you say it," I remark.