Chapter 59

Amy's POV

"Still waiting for Drea?," Dylan questions as he joins me on the couch.

"I don't know why I always agree to letting her give me a ride. She's always running late. I should always be the one to drive and pick her up," I remark.

"I'm glad Drea's always the one to pick you up. Then I get to see her pretty face," he says with a smirk.

I chuckle. "You need to start going for girls your own age."

"Alex is twelve years older than you, and Drea's eighteen years older than me," he points out. "What's the difference?"

"I guess you got me there," I mumble. "But still, aren't there any girls in your grade that you like?"

"There's a girl that likes me. Her name's Ellie, but I don't really like her," he tells me.

"Why don't you like her?," I question.

He shrugs. "I just think of her as a friend."

"Well you better not lead her on."

"I won't. She knows that I don't like her," Dylan explains.

"When you do actually like a girl, you better tell me," I say. "I want to know all about your love life, and help you with it."

"That's what Tyler used to always say," he mumbles.

"You can still talk to him," I tell him. "I don't know why you don't. He was like your big brother. Just because we broke up doesn't mean that you have to stop talking to him. I'm sure he misses you."

"But he hurt you, Amy. And it makes me mad that he hurt you. You're my big sister. I don't like seeing you hurt and crying."

"You're too good of a brother," I say with a smile, kissing the top of his head.

"Well you helped raise me. I'm a good person because you raised me into a good person," Dylan tells me. "That's why I know you'll be a good mom. You did a good job at helping dad with me, so you'll do a good job with your own kid. You might even do a better job."

"You think so?," I question.

"I know so. And either way, your kid will have an awesome uncle," he states with a smug grin.

"I can't argue with that," I say, ruffling his hair.

As I ruffle his hair, the doorbell rings. I get up from the couch, and walk to the front door. Drea is standing on the porch, and she immediately apologizes for being late. I tell her it's fine, and that we should go. But before we can leave, Dylan gets off of the couch. He rushes to the door, and pulls Drea in for a hug. Drea laughs as she hugs him back.

"I love coming here. This kid makes me feel so loved," Drea says.

"And Jamie doesn't?," I question.

"Oh, he does. But I like the extra love from Dylan," she tells me as he lets go of her.

"Well if Jamie's love is ever not enough for you, then you know you can always come to me," Dylan says.

She chuckles. "You're still as slick as ever."

"I can't just turn off the charm. It's all natural, baby."

"You're growing up too fast," I say. "I miss the days when you would rather play with your toy cars than hit on girls."

"But I quickly learned that girls are better than toy cars," Dylan remarks with a smirk.

"I love this kid," Drea says while laughing.

"I love you too," he tells her, giving her a wink.