Chapter 28

Tyler's POV

I hope my efforts for today aren't a complete waste. Valentine's Day last year was amazing. Well it was amazing up until Amy told me about Terrance, but it was still incredible. But I don't know how things will go this year. I don't even know if Amy will agree to be my valentine this year. It didn't plan anything too extraordinary just in case she says no, but if she says yes, she'll still enjoy the day.

As I'm driving towards Amy's house with a box of chocolates, a bouquet of roses and a teddy bear in the seat next to me, I notice a different car parked on the driveway. I've never seen this car before. I turn onto the driveway, and that's when I see Terrance walking towards the front door. I quickly park the car, and get out. I walk up behind Terrance as he's knocking on the door.

"What are you doing here?," I ask, a little annoyed.

"I'm guessing I'm here for the same reason that you're here," Terrance says with a small smile.

"And why do you think I'm here?"

"I'm sure that the fact that it's February fourteenth has something to do with why you're here," he remarks.

"Ya, that is why I'm here. I'm here to spend Valentine's Day with my girlfriend," I tell him.

"Last time I checked, she's not your girlfriend anymore," Terrance scoffs with a little laugh.

I sigh. "Why don't you just give up? You know that I can make her happy, so then let me do that."

"I won't stop for the same reason that you never gave up on her. You know what it's like to be with Amy. You know how amazing it is to be with her. You know how intriguing she is. You know what it's like to be under her spell. So I'm not gunna give up because it's hard to walk away from her," he explains.

"I would've walked away from her if I wasn't the person that made her happy. If someone else made Amy happy, if you made her happy, I would've let her go. I would've let her be with someone else if they were better for her than me."

"I did let her go," Terrance says with a sigh. "That day at convocation, I told Amy to take a chance with you. But maybe her losing her memory was meant to happen so that I could have a chance."

"I refuse to believe that. I don't think anyone is meant to be with Amy except for me," I tell him.

"Of course you think that," he says, rolling his eyes and turning to face the door again. "You just think you're so much better than everyone."

"Because I am."

"Whatever," he mumbles, knocking on the door again but no one answers a minute later so he rings the doorbell. "God, where is she? Is no one home?"

"Her car is here," I say, pointing to the car on the driveway.

"Then why isn't she answering the door?," he questions.

"Maybe she saw that it was you, and decided not to answer," I remark with a chuckle.

"I highly doubt that. She always opens the door for me. She also opens her legs for me too, which I've heard is something that she doesn't do for you anymore."

"If you think that that bothers me, you're wrong," I tell him. "I don't care about whether Amy hooks up with me or not."

"That's just what guys say when they're not getting any," Terrance says with a smug grin.

"Whatever," I mumble, walking off the porch.

"Where are you going?," he asks, turning around as he watches me.