Chapter 55

Amy's POV

"This is gunna be really weird," I say as Alex drives.

"I've told you a couple of times now that I don't have to go if things are gunna be weird," he tells me. "I can just drop you off, and then go back home. I'll pick you up later."

"No, Drea and Jamie both specifically asked me to bring you," I point out.

"But if it makes you uncomfortable, and you don't want me to be there then I don't have to go. I'm sure Drea and Jamie would both understand."

"Alex, it's gunna be weird but I still want you there. I want you to meet the rest of the guys, especially Jason and Cody," I say. "And I also don't want to be alone when I see Tyler."

"What if he goes berserk when he sees me there with you?," Alex questions. "I'm not really the fighting type. I mean, I'll fight for you but I would prefer not fighting at all."

"He won't fight you. Tyler has always tried his best to never hurt the people that I care about even if he doesn't like them," I tell him, remembering how Tyler refrained himself from beating up Terrance for as long as he could.

Alex sighs. "Amy, can I ask you something?"

"Of course."

"Are you just taking me there to like rub me into Tyler's face?," he asks. "Like to show him that you're fine without him."

"No, that's not what I'm doing at all. Like I said, you were invited and I want you to meet the guys. And I need you there by my side when I see Tyler not because I want to rub it in his face, but because I need someone there to keep me strong and you do that. You make me stronger and more confident," I say, reaching for his hand and kissing the back of it.

"You still love him," he states, giving me a weak smile.

"Those feelings don't just go away," I tell him with a sigh. "But I want them to, and I'm trying to make them go away because he doesn't matter anymore. He left and you're here, so I'm focusing on you."

"So I'm your rebound?," he questions. "You're just using me to make your feelings for Tyler go away?"

"No, I'm not using you to make the feelings go away. You're helping me make those feelings go away. I wouldn't force myself to be with you just to make the feelings go away if I didn't want to be with you. But you've shown me that you're a good guy, and that you'll take good care of me and the baby which is why I'm with you. You're good to me, and you're good for me."

"Ya, I'm a good guy, but are there actual feelings there?," Alex asks.

"Ya," I say with a smile, rubbing my thumb over the back of his hand that I'm still holding. "I do have actual feelings for you, and I'm invested in this relationship with you."

"Good because I'm invested in us as well," he tells me, returning the smile.

I kiss Alex's hand again, and then let go of it so that he can continue driving comfortably. He's driving to Drea and Jamie's new house. They just moved into it last week. They're celebrating their one year anniversary today. They wanted to go to a club, but Drea figured that with me being pregnant, a club isn't a good environment. Even if I don't drink, people at the club still smoke and that air is not good for the baby.

So Drea and Jamie changed their plans to have a party at their house. There's still gunna be music and drinking, and all the wildness of their usual parties. But it'll still be a better environment for me than a club. I can have fun without worrying if the air I'm breathing will be bad for the baby. I'm glad Drea and Jamie changed their idea for this party because I really want to be there to celebrate with them.