Chapter 19

Amy's POV

I hear the door to my room open, and before I can even open my eyes, someone jumps up onto the bed. I turn over onto my back, looking up as Dylan jumps around on my bed. He's dressed in his pyjamas, and he has a huge smile on his face. I give him a confused look, but then I realize what day it is. I swear, we go through this every year on Christmas. Dylan always comes running into my room to wake me up.

"It's Christmas," Dylan shouts while still jumping around.

"Bud, we go through this every year. Why can't you ever wake me up in a nicer way?," I whine, turning over on the bed and pulling a pillow up to cover my face.

"Because it's Christmas," he yells, jumping down on me and taking my pillow away from me.

"Well Merry Christmas," I say, pulling Dylan down closer to me and tickling him.

"M-Merry Chr-Christmas," Dylan says in between laughs.

"Since I'm awake now, do you want to go open presents?," I ask as I stop tickling him.

"Yes, but dad made pancakes so we have to eat breakfast first," he tells me. "Although it's more like lunch because you didn't wake up earlier."

"Ok, I'm gunna go brush my teeth and stuff. I'll meet you downstairs," I say, getting up from the bed.

"You better hurry up or I'll eat all the pancakes," Dylan shouts as he runs out of my room.

I laugh, shaking my head at how adorable Dylan is. I leave my room, heading to the washroom. I wash my face, and brush my teeth. I look at myself in the mirror, seeing that my hair is a mess. I look at my clothes in the reflection, which are actually Tyler's clothes. I started sleeping in his clothes recently because they're really comfortable. And there's just something about the way they smell that helps me fall asleep.

*"You are a masterpiece. I've never seen anyone or anything more beautiful than you. You are truly a work of art."*

I back away from the mirror when I hear that in my head. I can't help but smile at Tyler's words though. I leave the washroom, going back to my room to brush my hair. I grab my phone before I leave my room, seeing that I have a few "Merry Christmas" texts from some people that I don't remember. I sigh, ignoring all the texts. I leave my room, heading downstairs to the kitchen. The kitchen smells amazing as dad is cooking the pancakes.

"Merry Christmas, sweetie," dad says, giving me a smile.

"Merry Christmas," I mumble, forcing myself to smile back at him.

I join Dylan at the table as dad makes the last few pancakes. He sets down the pile of pancakes at the table, giving us all plates and forks. Dad pours us all some milk before finally sitting down at the table as well. We all begin eating the pancakes, and I have to say, they seem a lot better than what I remember. I guess dad's cooking skills have improved since the last time I can remember eating pancakes that he made.

Dylan quickly finishes his food, eager to get to opening his presents. He anxiously waits for dad and I to finish. I purposely eat slowly, laughing as Dylan groans with frustration. He starts to get whiny, so I put an end to his misery. I finish my pancakes, and then we all get up from the table. We put the dishes in the sink to be washed later, and we head to the room where the tree is.

"You guys can open my gifts first," Dylan exclaims as he sits down onto the ground by the tree.

I sit down onto the ground with him, and dad sits down on the recliner. Dylan grabs his gifts from under the tree, handing them to me and dad. Dad opens his gift first, taking out a picture frame that looks like Dylan made at school. The photo in it is of dad and Dylan. Dylan also gave dad some new dress socks. Then Dylan turns to me as I open up my gift.