Chapter 43

Amy's POV

I hear a thud in Tyler's apartment, which quickly wakes me up. I sit up in the bed, clutching the bed sheets to my body. The room is completely dark, but when I look beside me I can see that Tyler isn't there. I look to the other side at the clock, and see that it's midnight. I smile, knowing exactly what day it is so I know why Tyler isn't in bed right now. He doesn't have to wake up early to do anything, but I love that he did.

I move the covers off my body, and get out of bed. I find Tyler's shirt on the ground, and slip it on over my head. I pick up my underwear as well, and put them back on. I leave Tyler's room, and as soon as I walk out, there are rose petals at my feet. I smile, and walk down the hall. I can hear Tyler shuffling around in the other room. I follow the rose petals to the room, and my smile increases when I see Tyler and what he's doing.

Tyler is shirtless as he moves around in the room, and his shorts sit really low on his hips. There are dozens of vases in the room, and each vase contains a dozen of a different kind of flower. One vase has roses, the other tulips, and another lilies. There are also rose petals scattered everywhere on the ground, coffee table, and couch. Along with the flowers, there are also candles, balloons and lights everywhere. In the midst of the twinkly lights, a "Happy Birthday" banner is hung up.

"I think that's enough rose petals," I say with a chuckle as Tyler continues to drop the petals onto the ground from a bag.

Tyler jumps, and drops the bag as he turns to face me. "Fuck, you scared me."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sneak up on you. I just heard a noise which woke me up," I tell him.

"Shit, you saw everything," he whines, looking around the room. "I was gunna finish in a few minutes, and then come wake you up to show you."

"Tyler, it's ok. I'm still surprised, and it's still pretty, and romantic, and special."

"But I didn't get to see your surprised face," he pouts. "I was gunna cover your eyes, and then watch your reaction when I uncovered them."

"Well you'll always have next year," I remind him. "Or the year after that, or the year after that. Basically all of my future birthdays to come because I plan on spending them all with you."

Tyler smiles. "And I'm gunna make sure that every one of those birthdays is special."

"But just know that they all don't have to be extravagant," I tell him. "I'm fine with doing something simple as long as I'm with you."

"Well you work today so it's not gunna be anything that extravagant," he says.

"Shit, I forgot that I work today. We should go back to bed."

"But I set all this up," Tyler says, gesturing around the room.

"I know, and I love it so much but I need to sleep if I'm working," I tell him.

"Just give me like five more minutes. I just want to do something before we go back to bed."

"Ok, you have five minutes," I say.

Tyler nods, and starts walking out of the room. As he walks past me, he gives me a quick kiss on the cheek. Tyler leaves the room, and I watch as he heads to the kitchen. I turn back around when I hear the patter of paws. I see Marshall and Cash both walking towards me, and they both have birthday hats on their heads. I giggle, and bend down to give them hugs and kisses. Obviously, Tyler dressed them up and they look so adorable.

"Close your eyes," Tyler yells from the kitchen.

"Why?," I question.

"Just do it," he orders.