Chapter 7

Amy's POV

I feel something heavy on top of my body, and something tickles the skin of my shoulder. I slowly open my eyes, and see Tyler resting his head on my shoulder while he sleeps. He has his arm wrapped over my body, which was the heavy weight that I felt. I run my hand through his messy hair, kissing Tyler's forehead.

As I'm lying in bed, I feel like I'm supposed to be doing something important today. I reach over to the bedside table, picking up my phone to look at the time and date. When I see the date, I quickly realize that my first official day at work is today. My stupid alarm didn't go off to wake me up so that I could go home, and get ready for work.

"Fuck," I shout, quickly moving Tyler off of me, which wakes him up.

"What's wrong?," he groans with annoyance as I get out of bed.

"My alarm didn't go off. I'm going to be late for my first day of work," I tell him.

"First day of work?," he asks, rubbing his eyes and yawning. "You've already started working."

"Ya, but that was just training. Now I'm actually working, and they put me in paediatrics. And I didn't work with anyone in paeds while I was training. So their first impression of me will be that I'm the girl that showed up late. And it's all because you invited me over last night, and I forgot to put my alarm on because I was so tired."

Tyler chuckles. "Amy relax, you're talking really fast."

"Because I only have like an hour to get to work, and I need to go home and change still," I say, picking up my clothes from the ground.

"Ok, go hop into the shower, and I'll make you some breakfast. Then I'll take you home so that you can get ready," he tells me, getting out of bed as well.

"You sure that you'll be able to get me home with enough time to change?," I question.

"Yes, I will. Now go shower," he orders, putting some clothes on.

"Ok," I say, rushing to the washroom.

"Wait, what do you want to eat?," he shouts after me.

"Just make me some toast, and I'll eat a muffin with it," I yell back, turning on the water of the shower.

I step into the shower, and instantly feel refreshed by the warm water that's flowing down. I quickly wash my hair and my body, scrubbing off all the dried up sweat from the night before. Then I turn off the water, and step out of the shower. I quickly brush my teeth, using the toothbrush that I keep here at Tyler's place.

With a towel wrapped around my body, I walk out of the washroom. I go back into Tyler's room, and put my clothes from last night back on. Then I leave Tyler's room, and head into the kitchen where he's cooking. I take a seat at the table, and Tyler puts a plate of food in front of me. I start eating while he pours me a glass of orange juice. I quickly eat my food, and then put my dishes into the sink.

"Aren't you going to eat?," I ask.

"I'll eat when I come back home," Tyler tells me. "Right now, my main priority is making sure that you get to work on time."

"At least grab like an apple or something to eat," I say. "I don't want you to be hungry."

"Whatever you say, my princess."

Tyler grabs an apple for himself, and takes a big bite from it. Then he gestures for us to leave, and I follow him out of the kitchen. Before we leave the apartment, I give Marshall a hug and a kiss goodbye. Then we leave the building, and go out to Tyler's car. He takes me back to my house while eating his apple as he drives.