Chapter 10

Tyler's POV

"Hey, how's my special lady doing?," I ask, entering the room and sitting down on the chair.

"I'm good," Hanna says with a giggle.

"Are you nervous for your surgery? It's in a few days, right?"

"Ya, I'm a little nervous," she tells me. "But mommy said that if I'm a brave little girl then I get a lot of ice cream."

"You better share some with me," I say.

"I will as long as you don't eat it all," she says.

"No promises," I joke with a smirk.

She chuckles. "So where's Amy?"

"I don't know. Probably somewhere with her doctor friend," I scoff.

"You mean, Doctor Poopoo-Head?"

"Is that your nickname for him?," I ask while laughing.

"Ya."

"Well I know why I don't like him, but why don't you like him?," I say.

"Because he's not you, and he likes Amy. And he's being a big poopoo-head because he's trying to ruin things with you and Amy," Hanna explains.

"If you see him try anything, you better tell me."

"I'll punch him if he tries anything," she says.

I chuckle. "That works too."

Hanna laughs with me, but then she starts coughing. She slumps back against her pillow, letting out a tiny groan. I move off the chair, and onto the edge of the bed next to Hanna. I take her little hand into mine, and she squeezes tightly on it. I've been visiting Hanna for a while now, so I've grown used to seeing her sick. And I know that she always feels a little better when I hold her hand.

"Where's your mom?," I ask as Hanna stops coughing.

"She went to go get coffee," Hanna tells me. "She's really tired. She always has to take care of me."

"Well that's what moms are for. They're supposed to take care of their kids, and make them feel all better with their love."

"And their hugs and their kisses," she adds.

"Ya, and their hugs and kisses," I agree, giving Hanna a smile.

"Yay, you're smiling," Hanna says, poking my dimples.

"I'll always smile for my special lady," I tell her, which makes her blush.

"I thought Amy was your special lady," she says.

"She's my princess. You're my special lady."

"I want to be a princess too," Hanna pouts.

"You'll be one when you find your prince," I tell her.

"Will he have a smile like yours?," she asks.

"I'm sure he will," I say, poking her nose as she giggles.

As Hanna is laughing, the door to her room opens. I look away from Hanna to see who it is, and I see none other than Doctor Matthews standing there. He's looking at something on his clipboard, but then looks up at Hanna, giving her a smile. She gives a small one back, but I can tell that it's fake.

"It's Doctor Poopoo-Head," she whispers into my ear, which makes me laugh.

"Tyler, you seem to be coming down here a lot," Doctor Matthews says.

"I'm just visiting Hanna," I tell him.

"I still don't quite understand how you know Hanna," he says.