Chapter 58

Tyler's POV

This is gunna be my first Christmas without Amy in two years. I'm just glad my family flew in yesterday so that I don't have to be alone for the holidays. If I had to go through tomorrow alone, I know all I would be thinking about is what Amy's doing for Christmas. I'd be wondering what she got, and what she gave people. I'd be wondering whose place she's having Christmas dinner at.

I'd also be thinking about Dylan. I miss the kid so damn much. He comes to our games still with Jamie and Drea. I've tried talking to him so many times, but he just shuts me out and acts like he can't hear me. I hate it so much. The kid was like my best friend. He was my brother, and now he acts like I don't even exist. It breaks my heart whenever I see him.

But fortunately, my family came just in time. I was originally supposed to go to Brampton this year for Christmas, but they all said they wanted to come to Dallas. I didn't question them on why, but I have a suspicion that mom just wants to go see Amy while she's here. I know she's been keeping tabs on Amy to make sure that everything is going well. Mom never tells me anything that Amy says though.

I sigh as I look up at the ceiling. I've been up for about half an hour now. No one else is awake. I'm still pretty tired, but I just can't sleep. I gave up my room, so I slept on the couch but it isn't that comfortable. I can nap on this couch, but not sleep on it all night. I think tonight I'll try to sleep on the couch in the games room. That one should be more comfortable than this one.

As I'm staring at the ceiling, I hear the patter of paws hitting the hardwood floor. The sound gets louder as the dogs get closer. When I look to the side, the first one that I see is Cash. Marshall follows behind him, and appears a few seconds later. I scratch behind Cash's ear as Marshall climbs up onto the couch. He sprawls out across my body, laying his head onto my chest.

"I think you're a little too big to be doing that," I say with a chuckle. "You're kinda heavy now, buddy."

Marshall just stares at me with his big, brown eyes. He lets out a tiny whimper as if trying to act innocent, and I quietly laugh as I grab his face and give him a kiss. Cash seems to get jealous by that, and climbs up onto the couch as well. He wedges himself in between me and Marshall, and his tail almost hits me in the face as he slightly turns his body.

"Woah, watch out there," I say.

Cash turns his body again, and his tail almost hits me again. He stares at me with his big, brown eyes as well, trying to act innocent too. Even though these two are such troublemakers at times, I can never actually be mad at them. Dogs really are man's best friend. These two are always here for me, and always provide me with comfort. So no matter what they do, I'll always love them unconditionally.

"Having an orgy with your dogs?," Candace asks as she walks past the couch.

"That's fucked up," I remark, looking up at her as she walks around to sit on the recliner.

"Relax Tyler, you know it's a joke."

"A really weird joke," I mumble.

"Why are you being so sensitive about it?," she questions. "You'd normally just laugh at that."

I sigh. "I don't know. The holidays this year is just bringing me down."

"Well you really only have yourself to blame for that," Candace says.

"And what does that mean?," I scoff.

"It was your decision to leave Amy. You're the reason you're not with her right now. You're the reason you're feeling down," she tells me.

"I think people keep forgetting about the fact that she walked out the door. She left without fighting for me or trying to work things out," I point out.