Chapter 24

Tyler's POV

"Why do you always leave packing to the last minute?," I ask as I watch Amy scramble around her room.

"It's a bad habit of mine," she says, throwing a shirt into her suitcase.

"I think for every trip that I've seen you pack for, it's always been done right before you have to leave."

"At least I never forget anything," she remarks.

"True, but hurry up. We have to leave in like five minutes or else we could miss our flight," I tell her.

"I'm moving as fast as I can," Amy exclaims, running around her room.

"Do you need help?," I ask.

"Sure."

I get up from Amy's bed, walking over to her suitcase to see what she already has packed. She's got her pyjamas packed, which is just my clothes that I've given her. She has a couple different shirts, tights, and jeans. She has her makeup, and other beauty things in there. She has three pairs of shoes packed. Honestly, she's a little over packed for this trip, but I don't want to tell her that. If taking all this stuff makes her happy, then she can take it.

"You forgot my jersey," I tell her.

"Oh right, it's in the closet," she says, and she starts to walk towards it.

"You also don't have any underwear packed," I add.

"Ok, I'll pack that in a sec," she calls out as she goes through her closet for my jersey.

"It's ok. I got it," I say.

I go to Amy's dresser, opening up the drawer with her underwear in it. As I'm finding matching pairs, Amy walks over to me with my jersey in her hands. She takes my hand out of the drawer, and starts to grab her underwear herself. Her cheeks are slightly pink as if she's embarrassed. I don't know why she would be embarrassed. It's nothing I haven't seen before. I've even bought her a lot of lingerie.

"You know I've seen you in probably every one of those bras and underwear, right?," I say with a chuckle as Amy continues to go through her drawer.

"You know that I don't remember that, right?," she remarks.

I sigh. "Ya, I know."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound rude," Amy says as she closes her drawer, and puts her stuff into her suitcase. "It's just annoying to be reminded of a life that I don't remember."

"I know, and I'm sorry. Sometimes I just forget how hard all of this is for you," I tell her.

"Sometimes I forget how hard this is for you," she says with a sigh.

Amy reaches for my hand. She looks down at my hand with sad eyes. She rubs her thumb over the back of my hand in a gentle motion. Then Amy looks up at me, giving me a small smile. I bring my free hand up to her face, caressing her cheek. I take a step closer to Amy, and she looks up into my eyes. I scan over her face before I lean in closer, placing a soft kiss onto Amy's lips.

Amy grabs onto my shirt, pulling my body closer. She doesn't deepen the kiss though, and allows the kiss to remain sweet and gentle. I try to put some emotion into the kiss, trying to show Amy how much I care about her. There's no other girl that I would be this patient for. I wouldn't waste this much time on any other girl besides Amy because I know she's worth wasting my time on.

"Tyler, Amy, we need to start heading to the airport now if you don't want to miss your flight," Jerard yells from downstairs.

"I don't mind missing the flight," I mumble, brushing aside Amy's hair and kissing her again.