Chapter 51

Tyler's POV

Training has been going well so far. It feels good to be properly training this season. I mean, I played great last season without properly training so the fact that I'm back to properly training should help this season. And training camp has started now as well. It feels great to be out on the ice playing hockey. It makes me feel so much better to be out being active. It's good for my body and mind.

If I don't keep myself busy, then my mind is free to think about everything. And I don't want that. I don't want my mind to be thinking too much. If I allow my mind to think about everything, then I become reminded of the situation. I'm reminded that Amy and I are no longer together. I'm reminded that I left her. I'm reminded that I hurt her. And I'm reminded that I'm hurting too. And I don't want to think about the pain.

So I do whatever I can to keep my mind occupied with other thoughts. That means going to the gym as much as I can. That means taking the dogs out of the apartment. That means going out with the guys. We go out to eat a lot. Sometimes we go to bars and clubs too. And I fully enjoy myself when I go out. I have nothing to hold me back. I'm single again, so I can enjoy going to the club.

I haven't hooked up with anyone. And I don't plan on hooking up with anyone anytime soon. After Amy, I'm not looking to just randomly hook up with girls. If I do meet someone else, it has to be real and special. But I know I'll never meet anyone like Amy ever again, so I'm not going out looking for a new girl. When I go to the club, I dance with girls and talk to them but I don't do anything more than that.

I've already gone to the gym today. The plan for tonight is to just go out to a bar with a few guys, and have some drinks and eat some wings. It's nothing special, but it's better than staying in the apartment all day. And I enjoy spending time with the guys. They're always looking to have a good time, and that's exactly what I need. I said I was going to enjoy my life, so that's what I'm doing.

After I went to the gym, I came home and showered. Then I took some time to give mom a call. She always wants to check up on me, or have me check in with her. She knows that Amy and I broke up. She knows that I'm hurting. She also knows why we broke up. Mom and dad were both pissed at me when I told them what happened. But they also know that I'm an adult, and that I can make my own decisions.

When I finished talking to mom, I made myself a little something to eat and then I went into the games room. I put on a movie for myself, and brought the dogs in there to watch with me. But cuddling with them is definitely not the same as cuddling with Amy. I miss having her lying on my chest, and listening to my heartbeat. I miss paying more attention to her than the movie.

I've began to realize that Amy is everywhere. Any room that I go to in this apartment carries so many memories of Amy. Which is another reason why I don't like staying at home too much. But so many little things that I do make me think of her also. I can't even watch a damn movie without her crossing my mind. It's like I'm infected with Amy. But I need to find a cure fast, and just forget about her.

As I'm lying on the couch trying to watch the movie, I rest my head against Marshall. He doesn't mind being my pillow. Cash is cuddled up into my body, and I'm slowly petting my hand down his back. We're all really relaxed, and quiet while watching the movie. It's all really peaceful. I almost start falling asleep, but anytime my eyes close, Cash licks my face to wake me up.

The games room can get really loud when a movie is playing, but I don't have the volume too high. Which means I'm able to hear someone knocking on the door. At first I'm not sure if there really is someone knocking, but then it starts to get louder. I move Cash off of me, and then I move off of Marshall. I get up from the couch, and leave the games room to head towards the door as the person keeps knocking.