Chapter 17

Amy's POV

I hate this. I hate not being able to remember anything. I've been working with the doctors. I've been doing the exercises, but nothing is helping. I don't remember anything. I don't remember moving to Dallas. I don't remember meeting these people who know some completely different version of me. A version of me that I never thought I'd ever be.

I had to stay at the hospital so that they could run tests on me. That Tyler guy keeps coming to visit me. I feel bad about lashing out on him, but I don't know who he is, and he's here telling me that he's my boyfriend. I don't even go on dates. There's no way that I could have a boyfriend. It makes no sense. How could things have changed that much in a year? That's not possible.

Whenever Tyler comes to visit me, it's really awkward. He doesn't say that much. He just asks me about how I'm feeling. I'm feeling better now. They gave me medicine for the pain in my head, and that's helping a lot. So I never have too much to say to Tyler. I can see the pain in Tyler's eyes when he's around me. But it's not my fault that I don't remember him. He says that we're in love, but I don't remember any of it.

Sometimes Dylan is with us when Tyler comes to visit. It seems like Dylan and him get along really well. They seem really close. Dylan always has this big smile on his face whenever Tyler is around. It makes me happy to see Dylan with a smile like that. I guess this Tyler guy isn't all that bad if Dylan seems to like him so much.

Dad tries to talk to me too, but I don't really acknowledge his presence. He seems a lot more hurt by that now, which doesn't make sense to me. I've always had a certain attitude towards dad. There has never been a time where I was ever kind to him. So I don't know why he's getting upset by it all of a sudden. It's nothing new. Surely my opinion on my dad hasn't changed this past year.

I'm just so ready to go home today. Wherever home may be. Apparently my life here is amazing, and I want to see what things here are exactly like. Whatever my life is like, anything is better than being in this hospital room. I'm tired of seeing doctors and nurses, and sleeping in this uncomfortable bed. I just want to try to have a normal life.

While I'm getting out of the hospital bed to get ready for my discharge, the door to my room opens. Dylan comes running in, hopping up onto the bed. I chuckle, walking towards the door to go close it again. As I'm closing it, I hit someone with the door. I open the door again, and Tyler walks in. His eyebrows are furrowed as he rubs his shoulder where I had hit him with the door. But when he sees me, he immediately smiles.

"Sorry about that," I say, pointing to his shoulder as I close the door.

"It's fine," Tyler says, carrying a bag into the room and placing it down onto a chair.

"What's in the bag?," I ask.

"Clothes. I figured that you didn't want to walk out of here in a hospital gown," he tells me with a chuckle, and I can't help but smile from his laugh.

"No, I don't," I say.

I walk towards the bag, opening it up. When I open it, all I see is a pair of sweats, a hoodie, a tshirt, a bra, underwear, socks, and shoes. The bra, underwear, socks, and shoes look like the only things that could belong to me. The other clothes look like they belong to a guy. I take out the hoodie, looking at the logo on it. It looks like some sort of hockey team maybe.

"Is your last name Seguin?," I ask, turning back around to face Tyler.

"Ya," he says with a big smile that makes his dimples appear. "Do you remember that?"

"Uhh no. It's on the sleeve of the hoodie," I explain.

"Oh," he says, his smile instantly fading.