Chapter 49

Tyler's POV

I'm finally going back to Dallas today. I'm excited to be going back to Amy, but I'm also a little sad about leaving. I was really starting to enjoy myself near the end there. Michael kept taking me out to different bars, clubs, and parties. It kinda made me realize that I should be going out to have fun more often. I mean, I'm still young. I should be enjoying my life while I'm young.

Maybe before I really get into training, I'll go out in Dallas. I'll take Amy with me of course, and we can have fun together. We can just drink, and dance all night together. That's what we should be doing as a young couple. We should be going out, and having fun and wild nights together. I mean, that shouldn't be the only thing that we do, but we also shouldn't always stay in all the time.

"Ty, you all packed up?," Michael asks. "We should've checked out already."

"Ya, I just need my hat," I say, picking up my snapback from the bed. "Now we can go."

"You're literally a girl with how long it takes you to get ready," he remarks as he grabs his suitcase. "And we're just going to the airport."

"Hey, just because we're not going anywhere fancy, doesn't mean I can't look good," I point out, grabbing my suitcase as well and following Michael out of the room.

He chuckles. "Whatever you say, Tyler."

I close the door to the room behind us, and I walk behind Michael down the hall. We take the elevator to the lobby, and then go to the front desk to check out. Once that's all taken care of, we go outside to the taxi that we called earlier. We put our stuff into the trunk, and then we both get into the back. Then the driver starts taking us to the airport.

Michael and I have different flights. He's going to Philadelphia, and I'm obviously going to Dallas. But we booked our flights to leave around the same time. Mine leaves first though. But at least we'll be able to keep each other company at the airport for most of the time. We'll probably just go through security, and then get something to eat since neither of us has had lunch yet.

When we arrive at the airport, we take our luggage out from the trunk. It's my turn to pay for the taxi, so I pay the driver. Then the two of us head into the airport, and we get our bags checked in. After that is over with, we head to security. There's a lot of people at the airport today, which makes sense since summer is over so people are coming back from vacation. So the line to go through security is long.

Eventually, Michael and I make our way through without any problems. Then we head to a café to get something to eat. We both get a coffee, and a sandwich to go with it. The sandwich that they bring out is actually pretty big, so at least we'll get our money's worth out of the high priced airport food. The two of us begin eating our food, not talking that much because we're just too hungry to say anything.

When we finish our food, there's still time till I have to go for my flight. We both order some more coffee, and remain seated at the table while we talk. Michael tells me about what his plan is when he gets to Philadelphia. He's doing the same thing that I'm doing which is training. Well actually, he'll get started right away. I'm gunna wait a bit, and take some time to be with Amy while I'm not too busy.

"I don't understand why you're putting off training," Michael remarks.

"What do you mean? I told you that I'm gunna spend some time with Amy since I was gone for like three weeks."

"But Tyler, you're a defending champ this year," he points out. "And you guys have a chance to win it again. But don't let anyone from the Flyers know that I said that."

"What's your point?," I question.

"My point is that you should be focused on staying in shape, and winning the Cup again," he tells me. "Like I understand that Amy's your girlfriend, but she shouldn't hold you back."