Chapter 47

Amy's POV

It's weird not having Tyler around. For some reason it feels different not having him here now in comparison to when he's gone during the season. I don't quite understand how it's different. Tyler has been gone for longer periods of time during the season. Maybe it's because Tyler has to go then. This time Tyler chose to go, and be without me.

Tyler and I always make time to talk to each other everyday. On days where I work until late at night, Tyler stays up to talk to me at the end of the day. On days that Tyler is too busy, I stay up late or wake up early to talk to him. Sometimes our conversations are short because there's just no time, and other times we talk for hours. Either way, we always make sure that we hear from each other sometime during our day.

I'm gunna be really busy today, so Tyler said he'd wake up early today to FaceTime with me before I have to go to work. I have my laptop open on the kitchen table while I make breakfast for everyone as well as lunch for myself to eat at work. I should be getting Tyler's call any minute now. I'm actually starting to get really impatient while waiting for it.

"Hey sweetie, good morning," dad says as he walks into the kitchen.

"Morning. I'm making breakfast so just have a seat," I tell him.

"Waiting for Tyler's call?," he asks, pointing to my laptop as he sits down at the table.

"Ya, he said he'd call before I go to work."

"Dylan will be happy to hear from Tyler," dad remarks.

"He's awake?," I question. "The kid never wakes up before noon."

"I think he's just excited about today," dad says. "And it's probably a good thing that he starts getting used to waking up early again since school will be starting soon."

"Don't remind me," Dylan mumbles as he joins us in the kitchen.

"Good morning, kiddo," I say as I put food onto the plates.

"There's nothing good about mornings," he remarks, slumping into a chair.

"Why are you so cranky?," I ask. "I thought you would be excited about today."

"I am, but it's too early to be out of bed."

"Well no one told you to wake up," I point out.

"I know, but I had to go to the washroom and then I smelled bacon and I wanted some," he tells me.

I chuckle, ruffling his hair as I put a plate in front of him. "Well here you go."

"Thank you," he says, quickly grabbing a piece of bacon off of the plate.

I continue to laugh, and give Dylan a quick kiss on the top of his head before letting him eat his breakfast in peace. I place a plate of food in front of dad as well, and then I put my plate down at the table. I pour dad out a cup of coffee, and I pour two glasses of orange juice for myself and Dylan. As I'm putting the juice back into the fridge after having poured it, my laptop starts ringing from a FaceTime request.

"It's Tyler," Dylan exclaims, turning my laptop towards himself and hitting accept.

"Hey buddy," I hear Tyler say as I carry the glasses of juice to the table. "Where's Amy?"

"I'm right here," I say, moving to stand next to Dylan and bending down so that Tyler can see my face.

"I see you're looking beautiful like always," he tells me with a big smile.

"Thanks," Dylan says before I can say anything.

Tyler laughs. "You're welcome, bud."

"So what's the plan for today?," I ask, pulling up a chair and sitting down next to Dylan.