Chapter 14

Amy's POV

I feel something moving around on my bed. Then I feel a big, warm tongue licking my face. When I open my eyes, I see Marshall on my bed. I giggle, pulling Marshall in for a hug as he continues to lick my face. I slowly start to sit up on the bed, giving Marshall a kiss and scratching behind his ear.

"What are you doing here?," I say in a baby voice. "Did Tyler bring you here? Where's that big goofball at?"

I know that Marshall won't answer me, but I also know that he likes when I talk to him like he will answer me. Marshall opens his mouth, letting his tongue hang out as he pants. I run my hand down his back, and that's when I feel something on the back of his collar. I reach behind Marshall, grabbing the note that's tied around his collar and then I open up the paper.

"Look outside" the note says.

I get up from my bed, and go towards my window. Marshall hops off my bed as well, and follows me to the window. As I open up my curtains, Marshall nudges against my leg. I ignore Marshall's begging for my attention, and I look out my window. On the driveway, it says "I love you" really big in pink chalk with a bunch of hearts. Tyler is standing on the driveway with a big bouquet of roses in his hands.

"Where's my car?," I shout after opening up my window.

"Seriously? I spent like half an hour trying to decorate the driveway, and the first thing that you say is about your car?," Tyler remarks.

I laugh. "I'm sorry. It's really cute and romantic. I love it, and I love you."

"I love you too, baby," he yells back with a smile.

"But seriously, where's my car?," I ask.

"I moved it onto the street," he says, pointing in the direction behind him. "Now can you please come down here so that I can stop yelling?"

"Ok, I'm coming," I say, closing my window.

I move away from my window, and I get Marshall to follow me out of my room. I go downstairs, and I put on whatever shoes that I have sitting by the door. I walk out the front door while Marshall still follows behind me. I go out onto the driveway, and I run into Tyler's arms. He picks me up, so I wrap my legs around his waist as I put my hands on his neck while I lean down to kiss him.

"So what was this all for?," I ask, pointing to the ground while still clinging onto Tyler as he holds me up.

"Four months," he states as if it's obvious.

"Four months?," I question.

"Our four month anniversary."

"Oh. I still don't understand why you feel the need to celebrate every month," I say. "I feel like every six months would be good enough."

"No, it wouldn't be. I think that every month isn't even enough. I think we should celebrate everyday that we're together," Tyler tells me with a smile.

"You already do try to make everyday special with all your cute little surprises," I point out.

"That's just what a good boyfriend is supposed to do," he says.

"Ya, but you go a little over the top sometimes. Like you did all of this for just our four month anniversary."

"You think this is all you get?," he questions. "There's still more stuff that I have planned."

"But why?," I ask. "It's not even an important anniversary. You didn't do this much for our past ones."

"I know, but I decided to do more this time because for our next anniversary I'm gunna be on the road, and it's gunna be a long road trip. So I thought I'd make today special to make up for it," he explains.