Chapter 52

Amy's POV

I'm so tired of morning sickness. I was hoping that it wouldn't last for very long, but apparently it goes on until the end of the first trimester. Which means I can expect to have morning sickness for about another month. I literally start off everyday by throwing up. I don't even need to set an alarm to wake up. My body just wakes me up at around the same time everyday to throw up.

Sometimes I wake up Dylan with my throwing up. It's an alarm for him too to start getting ready to go to school. Whenever he wakes up because I'm throwing up, he comes into the washroom. He sits down next to me, and rubs my back while I throw up. It's the sweetest thing in the world. Whenever he does it, it makes me feel so much better. I'm glad I have him as my brother.

Today, I rushed to the washroom as soon as I woke up. I closed the door a little too loudly when I went in, which woke Dylan up. He came into the washroom, and sat with me until I was done. Then we both went to our rooms to get ready for the day. When I went downstairs, dad was making breakfast. I ate a lot. This baby is a pig. It's always hungry, and it's hungry for everything. Even things I don't like.

After eating, I went to work. My day at work went by as it normally does. I went through my morning, ate lunch with Alex, and then went through my afternoon. I've been doing paperwork since then to finish off my shift. Thankfully, I haven't thrown up at work in a while. I also don't get headaches as much anymore. That means people aren't worrying about me anymore, which is what I want so they don't know.

As I fill out the paperwork, I listen to music on my phone. We're technically not supposed to, but no one is around. And I'm too tired, and hungry, and pregnant to care. If someone tried to yell at me about it, I would yell right back. This baby really messes up my mood. I can go from happy to furious in a split second. Unfortunately, Drea, dad and Dylan have all had a taste of my wrath.

I hum along to the music as it plays into my ear. I have the volume up really loud, so I can't hear anything else. I don't hear anyone walk in, but when I sense a body approaching, I quickly pull out my headphones. I hide my phone into my pharmacy coat, and look up at who's approaching me. I sigh in relief when I see that it's just Doctor Matthews. But then I get confused when I see flowers in his hands.

"What are those for?," I ask, pointing at the flowers.

"Why didn't you tell me?," he says, ignoring my question.

"Tell you what?," I question.

"That you're pregnant."

My eyes widen. "How do you know that?"

"The nurses told me. Frankly, I'm a little upset that you told them before me," Alex says.

"I didn't tell them anything. They're just making rumours again," I remark.

"But this rumour is true. I didn't believe them at first, but then I realized that it explains why you were nauseous, and why you're always hungry and moody now," he tells me. "Plus you asking me how I knew just confirms it."

"Don't go around telling people," I mumble.

"I won't, but you might want to tell the nurses that," he says.

"Oh trust me, I'm gunna have a nice, long chat with them."

Alex chuckles as he walks forward, and puts the flowers in front of me. "These are for you. As like a congratulations I guess."

"Thanks," I say with a smile, taking the flowers from him.

"I know they're kinda cheap, but they're the best ones that they had in the gift shop," he tells me.