Chapter 64

Tyler's POV

As I wake up, I reach across the bed for Amy. I frown when all I feel are the bed sheets, and not her body. I open my eyes to see that she's not lying there. I know she doesn't work today, and she never wakes up before me when she doesn't work. Which is a good thing because it gives me the chance to have my morning chats with the baby.

I roll over onto my back, and sigh as I look up at the ceiling. It feels weird to wake up without talking to my little man. Why is Amy awake so early? My whole day is gunna feel off without my usual morning routine. Sometimes when I'm on the road, I call Amy when I wake up to make her put her phone on her stomach so I can start my day with talking to the baby.

I sigh again as I get out of bed. I head to the washroom to brush my teeth, and wash my face. I feel more awake as I walk back out into the room. I grab my shirt from last night that's on the couch. Things got a little heated when Amy and I were relaxing by the fire. I smile as I think of the memory while putting the shirt on. Once I'm dressed, I leave the room.

As I'm walking down the stairs, I can smell something baking. It's not pancakes. Smells more like cupcakes to me. Either way, the whole house smells sweet. I find myself craving whatever is being made as I walk down. I head straight to the kitchen. I see Amy icing a cake that's on the counter. Her back is towards me as she works on it.

"Baby having a craving for something sweet?," I ask with a chuckle.

She giggles, licking some icing off her thumb. "No, it's for you."

"Me? What's the occasion?"

"I thought I was the one that always forgets their birthday," she teases.

"Oh shit, it is the thirty first. I didn't even realize," I mumble.

"Well lucky for you, I remembered and I baked you a cake," Amy says with a smile.

"Shit, I'm twenty six now. I'm closer to thirty than I am to twenty," I whine.

"You've got a grey hair growing," she tells me.

"What? Where?," I exclaim, rushing to the washroom to go find it.

Amy laughs. "Tyler, come back. I was just kidding."

"You can't joke about that," I say as I walk back into the kitchen.

"Because your looks are just so important to you."

"They are. And grey hair is not attractive," I tell her.

"That's not true," Amy remarks. "And you're gunna get grey hair eventually anyways. You'll also get wrinkles too. And your tattoos will look funny when your arms start to sag."

"Wow thanks for saying that I'm gunna get ugly," I scoff.

"That's not what I said. I just said that you're gunna age, and you're not always gunna look like this. But you'll still be the hottest guy to me, and I'll still love you."

I smile. "And you'll always be beautiful to me."

"Thank you," she says, returning to icing the cake.

"But do you really think my tattoos are gunna look bad?," I question.

"I don't know. Depends on if you stay in shape," she tells me.