Chapter 45

Tyler's POV

"There's my baby boy," I hear mom yell from across the airport.

"God, she's so embarrassing," I mumble while Amy laughs beside me as we drag our luggage behind us.

"You should be grateful that you have a mom to embarrass you," Amy tells me, giving me a weak smile.

I grab Amy's hand, squeezing it tightly. "I'm sure if you asked, she'd embarrass you too."

"I'm sure I don't even have to ask," she says with a giggle.

"Look at that beautiful girl with my son," mom shrieks, right on cue.

"It's like she heard," Amy whispers into my ear, and I laugh.

"Mom always had the hearing of a hawk," I joke. "Made it hard to get away with things."

"Will you guys just hurry up and get here?," mom yells.

Amy and I both laugh as we walk over to where mom, and the rest of my family are standing. Mom immediately pulls me in for a hug, and I hold her tightly. I look to the side, and see Amy hugging Cassidy. When mom lets go of me, I hug everyone else. Once we all get the hugs out of our systems, we finally leave the airport and head out to the car. They brought the van with them to fit everyone.

Dad drives us back home, and everyone talks during the entire drive. Everyone fills us in on what they've been up to here in Brampton so far this summer. Amy and I tell them about what we've been doing. I haven't seen my family since the parade in Dallas. It feels good to be with them here now. Especially because today is my day with the Cup.

"So we gotta be quick at home," I tell everyone. "We're just gunna put our luggage away, eat, and then head to the hospital."

"We know, Ty. You've told us the plan a million times," Candace says.

She's right. I have told them the plan for today a million times. First we're taking the Cup to the hospital to visit some sick kids. The Cup is being brought there for us. Then we're taking the Cup to the arena I used to play in when I was younger. We're gunna go in a truck so people on the street can see the Cup as we drive by. At the arena, I'm gunna play a quick game with some kids and we're gunna do a meet and greet. Then at night, I'm taking the Cup out with me to a club.

"Today's gunna be a very busy day," dad remarks as he drives.

"Should be fun though," I say.

"Tomorrow will be even more fun though because we'll get to relax," Amy adds in.

"I'm just glad you guys are staying for a week," mom says with a smile. "Amy, you should've brought Dylan with you."

"He really wanted to come, but he has some hockey training stuff going on," Amy tells her.

"With that dedication, one day he'll have his own day with the Cup," mom says.

"Well the dedication helps, but so does the fact that he has Tyler as his brother in law," Cassidy remarks, chuckling.

"But we're not married," Amy mumbles, tensing up.

Cassidy continues giggling. "Yet."

"Not for a long time," I say, glancing at Amy as she looks out the window while still tensed. "You all know I don't even want to think about marriage until I'm at least thirty."

"Why wait to get married when the girl you're gunna marry is sitting right next to you?," mom asks.

"Because we're young, and having fun. Things are good, so there's no reason to rush into marriage," I explain.