Chapter 53

Amy's POV

"Alex, I'm tired," I whine as I walk into his office.

He chuckles. "Don't you have medicine to hand out?"

"I'm done that," I tell him, walking over to the couch in his office.

"Well then don't you have paperwork to do?," he questions.

"Ya, but I'm tired," I say, lying down on the couch.

"You know, you can't keep using your pregnancy as an excuse to not do things. There are women that work hard even when they're like eight months pregnant. You don't even have a bump yet."

"Are you saying I don't work hard?," I remark, feeling myself getting angrier.

"No, I'm just saying you should save your complaining for when it actually does get hard," he tells me. "When you're so big that your feet will hurt from waddling around all day."

"Well you'll massage them for me, right?," I question.

"Of course I will," Alex says with a smile.

I smile back. "Good. Now can I have an ice cube please?"

Alex laughs as he gets up from his chair. He moves away from his desk, and goes to the mini fridge that he has in here. I've developed a new habit of sucking on ice cubes. I don't know why, but the baby loves it. So Alex keeps ice cubes in his mini fridge for me, and whenever I feel like it, I can come have one. He also has a jar of pickles in there for me. And whatever other food that I crave. Alex keeps his fridge stocked for me.

Alex opens up the fridge, and bends down to it. He opens up the tiny compartment at the top that's the freezer. He pulls out the ice tray, and pops out an ice cube from it. He quickly puts everything back, and closes the fridge. Alex walks over to where I'm lying, and hands me the ice cube. I immediately put it in my mouth, and start sucking on it. Alex just laughs as he watches me. He leans down and kisses my forehead, and then returns to his desk.

"Finish your ice cube, and then go back to work," he tells me.

"You're not my boss," I remark.

"Don't make me phone your boss," he threatens.

"You would do that to me?," I question, giving him a pout.

He laughs. "Of course not. Not with that cute, little pout."

"Good," I say with a smile. "But I've been thinking about something. About the possibility of you being my boss."

"The research opportunity?," he asks.

I nod. "Ya. I want to do it."

"That's great. We're starting next week," he tells me. "But you're not gunna be able to do some things since you're pregnant now. But you'll be able to do most things."

"Great, more things to add to the list of things I can't do," I mumble.

"Do you want your baby to be healthy?," he questions.

"Of course I do," I say, rubbing my stomach.

"Well then you just gotta put up with not being able to do things."

"But I want to go in a hot tub so bad," I whine. "I just want to sit in the warm water, and feel the jets relax my muscles."

"You can still have a warm bath," he points out.

"But the jets, Alex. There won't be any jets," I exclaim, getting all dramatic.

"If you really want to relax, I can take you to a spa one day," he suggests.