Chapter 61

Amy's POV

"I don't understand what happened," I say to Drea.

"I mean, he said he was doing this for the best so you could be truly happy."

"But I was happy with him, so I don't understand what he meant," I tell her.

"Maybe he meant like how happy you were when you were with Tyler," she says. "Maybe he knows that he can never make you that happy, and that you'll never love him like that. So he's ending it now rather than later to make it easier for both of you guys."

"But it doesn't matter how happy Tyler made me. That's in the past. It's not relevant anymore. It shouldn't have affected my relationship with Alex," I remark.

"Well it did, and you need to move on. Just focus on being happy, and keep being excited for the baby."

"How can I just move on? I really liked him, Drea," I mumble. "I spent so much time with him. I got to know him better. He was with me throughout this whole thing. I needed him."

She sighs. "I understand that you liked him, and that'll be hard to get over. But you don't need him. You'll still be fine without him."

"I just wish he had given me more time, and given us more of a chance," I say.

"More time for what? For you to fall in love with him?," Drea questions.

"Ya."

"But Amy, why do you need to fall in love with him? You're already in love with another man. And that man is the father of your child," she remarks.

"But that doesn't matter because we're not together anymore. He didn't want the baby," I remind her.

"You should've tried harder to convince him. You should've changed his mind," she tells me. "Tyler fought so hard to change your mind about love, but you didn't try to change his mind about this."

"There were times that I hated Tyler for trying so hard to change me. I didn't want Tyler to hate me if I tried to change him," I explain. "And ya, it worked out for us when he tried to change me. But what if it didn't work out this time? What if our lives would've been miserable if I forced Tyler to be a father when he doesn't want to be one? I'd rather that we be apart and happy than together and miserable."

"But what if you guys weren't miserable? What if Tyler truly changed his outlook, and genuinely wanted a child? What if you guys could've been a happy family?," she questions.

"Well then I guess I missed out," I mumble.

"Amy, what if Tyler were to change his mind now? What would happen?," Drea asks.

"I don't know," I say with a shrug. "And there's no point in thinking about the what if's because that's not happening."

"But what if it did? Would you take him back?"

"It hurt me so much when he left, Drea. It still hurts. I felt so lost, alone, and abandoned. I could never forgive him for that," I tell her.

She sighs. "So you wouldn't take him back?"

"I didn't say that," I remark. "I just said that he hurt me, and he lost my trust. I still love him more than anything else in the world. Which is exactly why I never wanted to fall in love in the first place. Someone can hurt you and break your trust, and you'd still love and care for them. Love can be so blinding."

"Well if love can be blinding then you should understand that Tyler's love for hockey was blinding him from seeing the positives of having a family," she tells me.