Chapter 4

Amy's POV

I roll over in the bed, putting my arm around where Tyler should be. But when my arm hits the bed rather than his skin, I open my eyes. The spot on the bed next to me is empty. I slightly pout at that, wishing that I could've woken up to Tyler's face.

I grab Tyler's pillow, pulling it closer to my body. I cuddle up against the soft fabric of the pillow. Between the pillow and Tyler's clothes that I'm wearing, I'm surrounded by his scent. I smile as I nuzzle my face deeper into the pillow.

I stare at the photos, jerseys, and medal's on Tyler's walls. There's this one gold medal that always blinds me every morning because the sun shines on it, and it reflects right into my eyes. But today the medal is not blinding me because the curtains are closed. I guess Tyler closed them for me when he woke up.

I turn onto my back, putting the pillow back where it belongs. I sit up in the bed, pulling the covers off of my body. I get out of bed, and leave Tyler's room. I head to the washroom that's down the hall. I brush my teeth and hair, and wash my face to fully wake myself up.

Then I leave the washroom, heading downstairs. The house seems very quiet and empty. I hear a noise come from the kitchen, and make my way there. I see Candace sitting at the table, looking at something on her phone while eating a bowl of cereal.

"Hey, where is everyone?," I ask as I grab a bowl from the cupboard for myself.

"Ty went out with dad somewhere, mom got called into work, and Cas went to the mall with some friends," Candace tells me, not looking away from her phone as she talks.

"Did Tyler say when he's gunna come back?," I question as I pour milk into my bowl of cereal.

"Nope."

I carry my bowl to the table, and take a seat at the table across from Candace. I eat my cereal as the awkward silence between us grows in the kitchen. I catch Candace taking a look at me, and then looking back down at her phone. She quickly eats the rest of her cereal, and then gets up from the table.

"Why don't you like me?," I ask as she puts her bowl into the sink.

Candace sighs. "It's not that I don't like you. I just don't trust you."

"Why not?"

"Because you've hurt Tyler so many times, and I'm sure that you'll do it again," she says.

"I know that I've hurt him a lot, but that was in the past. Things are different now. I'm different now. I'm not going to hurt him anymore," I tell her.

"I just have trouble believing that. He's my brother, and I want him to be happy," Candace says. "And I've witnessed how unhappy you've made him so many times. So you can't blame me for not easily trusting you to make him happy."

"I understand why you don't trust me, but don't say that I don't make him happy. I'm trying so hard to be the best girlfriend for him because I know that he deserves the best. I know that I wasn't loyal in the past, and that bothered you, but I'm committed to him now. I don't think about being with anyone else besides Tyler. I love him so much, and I don't want him to be hurt either. I've witnessed him being hurt too, and I never want to see that again. I just want him to always be happy, and I'm trying my best to be the one that makes him happy."

"I'm just afraid that he's still going to get hurt," Candace says with a sigh. "You're his whole world, and he cares so much about you. There's so much you could do to hurt him again."

"But I'm not going to do anything to hurt him," I say. "Why don't you see how much I care about him?"

"I see it. I see the difference between you now, and you back in January. I can tell that you love him, but Tyler loves you way more. And that unbalance gives you the upper hand," Candace tells me. "It's so much easier for you to hurt him than it is for him to hurt you. Even if you don't do anything to him, he could still get hurt. If something were to happen to you, he'd be devastated. The amount that he loves you is almost unhealthy."