Chapter 15

Tyler's POV

I feel a sharp pain running all throughout my body, but the pain is the worst at the side of my head. I let out an exasperated groan, lifting my hand up to my head. I can feel a thick, sticky liquid in my hair and on my face. I slowly open my eyes, looking at my hand and seeing my blood on it. I let out another groan, resting my head against my seat.

I notice that the car is upside down. The top of my head is touching the roof of my car. I try to shift my body a bit to balance out my weight. My back and arms are a little sore when I try to move, but other than that and my head, I don't seem to have any major injuries. I fumble for my seatbelt, and eventually get it off. Once it's off, I look to the seat next to me and Amy isn't there.

That's when I remember her taking off her seatbelt to grab the steering wheel. And I remember the sound of glass breaking. I quickly look forward at the windshield, seeing that the glass has been smashed into. And the thing that smashed into the glass is Amy. Her body is sprawled out over the steering wheel. Everything from the waist up is through the windshield and outside of the car.

"Amy," I yell, touching one of her legs that's still in the car.

Amy makes no response to my touch. She doesn't move or make a noise. I begin to panic. I can't see what's outside the car, so I don't know how bad she's hurt. I begin to move my body around in the car, groaning from pain but fighting through it for Amy. I turn my body to the side, so that my feet are facing the window of the driver's side door. I use all the strength that I have to kick the glass. It takes me a few tries, but eventually I break through.

I start to shimmy my body through the broken window. I don't care if any of the glass cuts me. Right now all I care about is getting to Amy. Once I'm through the window, I stand up onto my feet. I'm a little wobbly, but I manage to gain my balance. I keep my hand on my head as I walk around to where Amy's head is. As soon as I see her, I fall back onto my knees feeling weak and sick from the sight in front of me.

Amy's head rests against the pavement, blood dripping down her face. There's a huge gash in her head, and I feel like throwing up from looking at it. There are a bunch of cuts on her face, and her cheek looks scraped up from rubbing up against the pavement. There's blood pooling under her head, where her cheek made contact with the ground. Her eyes are shut, and her mouth is parted open.

"Amy," I whimper, choking on my cry that I'm trying to hold back, but the tears stream down my face. "Amy, baby, please wake up."

Again I don't get a response from Amy. I put my hand on hers, squeezing it as my body shakes from sobbing. I slowly move her hair aside, and put my fingers to her neck. I look for any sign of a pulse, but I can't seem to find one. I lower my ear towards her mouth to listen for her breathing. A wave of relief comes over my body when I hear her take a breath. She's breathing, but just barely.

"You're alive," I whisper with a weak smile, resting my forehead against Amy's blood covered one. "Please stay with me. Keep breathing. Listen to my voice, and come back to me."

As I continue to cry, I brush Amy's hair back gently with my fingers. Then I begin to realize that my touch, and my voice isn't going to fix her. She needs medical attention. I move away from Amy's face, reaching into my pocket for my phone. When I take it out, I find that it's been cracked and smashed in the middle of the accident. I let out a frustrated groan, tossing my phone to the ground.

Amy's phone is still in the car, but I'm sure that it's in just as bad of a condition. I get up from the ground, looking for a payphone, but instead I see the car that hit us. The car is on the wrong side of the road, suggesting that he was the one at fault not me. The front of the truck is smashed in, but otherwise the car looks fine.