Chapter 38

Amy's POV

Drea and I made plans to hangout today. We're gunna kill time until we have to go pick up the guys from the airport. They're coming back to Dallas after game four in St. Louis. They have a 3-1 series lead after only losing one game in St. Louis. Their next game is tomorrow night, and hopefully they can end the series. Then the Stars will be moving on to the conference finals. Everyone in Dallas is talking about how well the Stars are doing in the playoffs.

Drea was supposed to pick me up about half an hour ago, but she's late. I tried calling her, but she never answered. I hope everything is ok. I'm hoping that she probably just slept in or something. As I wait for her, I sit with Dylan and the dogs while watching tv. Dad's at work so once I leave, Dylan will be home alone. Dylan has been staying home alone more now, and he's completely ok with it. He hasn't burned the house down yet, so that's a good sign.

As we're watching tv, there's a knock at the door. Dylan knows that I'm going out with Drea today, so he gets up to answer the door before I do. He rushes to the door, and Cash follows behind him in all the excitement. Dylan opens the door, and greets Drea. As she steps into the house, Dylan hugs hers. Drea chuckles, rubbing her hand over his back. Dylan rests his cheek against Drea's stomach, and closes his eyes as he smiles adorably.

"Ok kiddo, I think that's enough," I say when he doesn't let go of her for almost a minute.

"It's never enough," he mumbles as he lets go.

"This kid is gunna be a total womanizer when he's older," Drea jokes as she closes the door behind her.

"Only if the girls are like you," Dylan says with a smirk.

"You gotta stop hanging out with Tyler," Drea tells him as she chuckles.

"But he teaches me the important things in life, like how to get girls."

"Getting girls isn't the most important thing in life," I remark.

"But Tyler and Jamie got you guys, and they say you're the most important things in their lives," Dylan points out.

I chuckle. "Well I think you're still gunna have to wait a few more years to find a girl that's gunna be the most important thing in your life."

"I already found her," he says, giving Drea a wink.

"Too bad I'm married," she tells him.

"But if things don't work out with Jamie, give me a call."

"I'll keep that in mind, little man," Drea says with a laugh.

"Should we go now?," I ask, getting up from the couch.

"You're leaving me?," Dylan pouts, looking up at Drea.

"Bud, you knew we were going out," I remark. "Stop trying to be cute."

"I'm not trying, it's natural," he says with a smirk.

"I'm telling you, this kid if gunna steal hearts when he's older," Drea says.

He laughs. "I agree with that."

"Well Dylan, you can steal as many hearts as you want, just don't break any," I tell him, walking over to him and bending down to his height. "Trust me, it's not fun to get your heart broken or to break someone's heart."

"I won't break any hearts. I'll be every girl's Prince Charming," Dylan says with a smile.

"I'm sure you will be."

I chuckle, ruffling Dylan's hair. I give him a kiss on the forehead, and stand up straight again. As I walk over to the front door to leave, Dylan heads back to the couch. He sits down, and grabs the remote control. Drea opens up the front door as I put on my shoes. The two of us wave goodbye to Dylan, and then walk out of the house. I close the door behind us as Drea walks off the porch. I follow her to her car, and sit down in the passenger's seat.