Chapter 68

Amy's POV

"C'mon Rous, kick his ass," Dylan shouts from beside me as Antoine fights someone out on the ice.

"Hey, watch your language," I scold.

"Amy, I'm eleven. And saying 'ass' isn't that big of a deal," he remarks. "It only means donkey anyways."

"You and I both know that there are many other uses for that word, and you definitely weren't using it to mean donkey."

"Stop being such a mom," Drea jokes from the other side of me. "All the kid did was say 'ass'. There are worse things he could do."

"This is why I love you," Dylan says to Drea. "You always have my back."

She chuckles. "Anytime, little man."

"I'm not that little anymore. I'm one of the tallest kids in my grade," he tells her.

"Please stop growing up," I say, pinching his cheek as I wrap an arm around him. "I miss my short, little brother. If you keep growing at this rate, you'll be as tall as me in about two years."

"My goal is to be taller than Jamie since I told him I would be one day."

"You got a long way to go still," Drea remarks.

"Patience, babe. I'll get there with time," he says.

"No, stay little," I pout, hugging him tighter.

"You're suffocating me," Dylan mumbles.

I chuckle, letting go of him. "Sorry."

"It's fine. It's the hormones. At least that's what Tyler always says."

"Oh, he does? I'll have to have a little chat with him about that later," I say, looking out onto the ice at him as he gets ready for a faceoff.

"It's not like he's wrong. Your hormones do have you all over the place," Drea tells me.

"It's not my fault," I whine. "It's the baby's fault."

"Technically, it's Tyler's fault since he did that to you," she jokes.

"Ew," Dylan mumbles. "I know how babies are made, and I don't like thinking about what had to happen to make Amy pregnant."

"Kid, one day you're gunna want to do the exact same thing to a lot of girls," Drea tells him.

"Drea," I exclaim, smacking her arm.

"But let's hope you don't knock anyone up," she adds as she laughs.

"We're done with this conversation," I say. "Both of you shut up, face forward, and watch the game."

"Ok mom," Drea scoffs, crossing her arms as she looks out at the ice.

Dylan does the same, and I roll my eyes at them both. I look out at the ice too, and go back to watching the game. There's only a few minutes left to the third period. The score is 4-2 for the Stars, and they should be able to maintain the lead for the rest of the game.

Tyler scored two goals already this game. He's taking a lot of shots to get a third goal for the hattrick. He looks to me a lot for encouragement, and I give him my full support. But none of his shots get past the goalie. Only when the goalie is pulled does Tyler get that third goal.

I know it's not the hattrick that Tyler was going for, but the hats still rain down onto the ice. I smile as I cheer for Tyler. I watch him as he smiles as well, getting fistbumps from the rest of the team. He looks over at me, and I blow him a kiss which makes him laugh.