Chapter 22

Amy's POV

I actually don't mind working at this restaurant. My manager is really chill, and everyone that I work with is really nice and funny. The customers here tip really well. Although it does help that I flirt with every male customer that I wait on. Surprisingly I haven't had any customers that were assholes.

Sometimes Tyler comes to visit me at work too, and that can be fun. The best part of Tyler's visits are when he brings food. I mean, seeing him and hanging out with him is great, but he always brings the best food. Most of my lunch breaks are spent with Tyler, except for when he's on the road. I watch Tyler play hockey on tv, but I haven't gone to any of his home games yet. But that's gunna change tonight because Dylan has convinced me to go.

"Hey Amy, I seated a guy at table four," Rachel tells me as she walks past me.

"Ok, I'm on it," I say, walking in that direction.

I readjust my bra as I'm walking to make my boobs more prominent. If there's a guy eating alone then I might as well try to get a good tip out of him. I take out my notepad and pen, standing in front of the table. I smile at the guy, and he smiles back at me. I introduce myself to him, which just makes him smile bigger. He has a really nice smile. He kinda looks familiar. I remember seeing his smile before.

"This might sound weird, but do I know you?," I ask. "You look familiar."

"Well you and I have known each other for a while, but I saw you most recently on New Year's," the guy tells me with a French accent.

"Oh, you're the guy I bumped into," I say.

"I'm the guy you bumped into again."

"What?," I question.

"The very first time that you and I met, we bumped into each other in a similar way," he explains.

"Well I guess you and I are just meant to keep bumping into each other," I say with a laugh.

"I guess so," he says, giving me a smirk.

"So what's your name?," I ask.

"Antoine," he tells me. "But the boys call me Rous."

"Oh, you play hockey with Tyler, right?," I say.

"Ya."

"I'm coming to the game tonight," I tell him. "It'll be the first game that I've been to since the accident."

"Well it'll be nice to see your smiling face in the crowd again," Antoine says with a smile.

I blush. "Umm so are you ready to order?"

"Oh ya, I totally forgot about that," he says, quietly laughing. "I just kinda got caught up in the moment."

"In the moment?," I question.

"In the moment of seeing you again."

Antoine looks directly in my eyes when he says that, and it makes me blush again. He is very clearly flirting with me, which really doesn't make sense to me. He's Tyler's teammate, so wouldn't that make me off limits to him? Although he is really cute, so I'm kinda glad that he's not respecting the fact that Tyler likes me. But I'm sure if Tyler knew about this, he'd be really upset.

I ask Antoine for his order again, and he finally gives it to me. Then I leave his table, and I give his order to the kitchen. I get his drink for him, and I give it to him at his table. As I go on with my job and I continue to wait on other tables, I notice Antoine watching me as I walk around. He has a small smile on his face as he watches me. It kinda reminds me of the smile that Tyler has when he randomly stares at me.