Chapter 3

Tyler's POV

"Amy, hurry up. We have to go," I yell up the stairs.

"Just give me five more minutes," she shouts back.

"Fine, but only five more minutes. If you take any longer, I'm marching up there, and dragging that pretty little butt of yours down here," I tell her.

"I'd like to see you try," she says with a chuckle.

"Will you guys please stop yelling?," Dylan says as I open my mouth to say something back to Amy. "I'm trying to watch tv here."

"I'm sorry, buddy," I say, joining him on the couch. "I'll stop yelling."

"Ya, whatever," Dylan mumbles.

"So you're still mad at me?," I ask.

"I'm mad at both of you," he says.

"You still haven't told either of us why you're mad," I say.

"Because you're leaving me. You and Amy are going on vacation, and leaving me here all alone. We're supposed to be hanging out more because it's summer and you're dating Amy now, but now you guys are leaving instead. And you're leaving without me," he explains while pouting.

"It's not like we're leaving forever. We'll be back for the end of summer," I tell him.

"Ya for like the last week or so," he remarks. "And then I go back to school, and you're gunna start getting ready for hockey, and Amy will be working. I won't see you much then either."

"Well how about for that last week, you and Amy come stay with me," I suggest. "That way we'll spend a lot of time together before we each have to go do our own things."

"Like a really long sleepover?," Dylan asks.

"Ya, and we can spend the entire time doing whatever it is that you want to do," I say.

"But then I'm still going to barely see you when I go back to school," he says, his frown returning.

"No, you'll still see me lots. I promise," I tell him. "But just in case you don't, I want you to come stay with me for a while. We'll be together so much that you'll get sick of me."

"I could never get sick of you," Dylan says, wrapping his arms around me for a hug.

"So does that mean you'll come stay with me then?," I ask.

"Ya as long as you don't ignore me for Amy," he says.

"I'll try my best not to. It's just hard to pay attention to other things sometimes when Amy's the only thing that I notice. She makes everything else seem blurry."

"Well no more blurring me out," Dylan tells me. "You love me too, so I shouldn't get blurred."

"If I'm ever not paying attention to you, just grab my face like this," I say, grabbing Dylan's face with both of my hands. "And yell at me, and say 'Hey, pay attention to me!', and then I will."

Dylan laughs when I grab his face, and yell at him. But he nods, understanding what I'm trying to tell him. I feel bad about ignoring Dylan. I don't mean to do it. I don't even realize when I'm doing it. I just get hypnotized by Amy, and I forget about everyone else. Even my little brother.

"So you'll do that when I'm not paying attention to you?," I question.

"Ya, but what if I can't reach your face?," he asks.

"Then just punch my arm or something," I tell him. "But go easy on me, you're a strong kid. You could kick my butt, and I don't want any bruises."

"Ok," he says with a chuckle.