Chapter 20

Amy's POV

While I'm lying on my bed, listening to music and going through Instagram on my laptop, my phone starts going off. I take my headphones out, and roll over on the bed. I reach back for my phone that's sitting on the bedside table. A goofy photo of Tyler pops up on my screen as I'm getting a phone call from him. It makes me laugh, and I continue laughing as I answer the phone.

"Wow, the best way to start any phone call is to listen to that laugh," Tyler says on the other end of the line.

I blush. "What do you want, Tyler?"

"A day."

"What?," I question.

"I want a full day with you," he tells me. "I'm on my way over, and I'm gunna take you around town."

"You're on your way?," I exclaim, getting up from the bed. "I'm still in my pyjamas, and I haven't even showered yet."

"Well then you better hop in the shower," Tyler says with a chuckle. "I'll be there in fifteen minutes."

Before I can say anything back to Tyler, he ends the call. I start to scramble around my room, looking for something to wear. I grab a pair of tights, and a random shirt. I find a bra and underwear, and then I rush to the washroom. I strip out of my pyjamas, stepping into the shower. I quickly wash my hair and my body, and then I get out of the shower. I put my clothes on, and then I head back to my room.

I quickly do my makeup, not caring too much about making it perfect. It still turns out to be pretty decent though. Before I can start doing my hair, the doorbell rings. I get up from the ground, leaving my room to answer the door. When I open it, Tyler is standing on the porch. He's wearing a snapback, and sunglasses. He has a hoodie on, and a thin jacket on top of that. He just looks really warm and cuddly.

"You ready to go?," Tyler asks, taking off his sunglasses.

"Almost. I just need to do my hair, and put on some shoes," I tell him.

"You're gunna want a jacket too," he says, looking at my arms. "It's pretty chilly outside."

"Ok well, come inside," I say. "I don't want you to stand in the cold."

"How considerate," he teases, stepping inside the house.

"You can come upstairs if you want," I tell him as I turn around to go back up to my room.

"Where is everyone?," Tyler asks as he follows me upstairs.

"Dylan had a game, so dad and grandma went to go watch him," I say.

"Why didn't you go?," he questions.

"Partly because I was tired, and didn't want to wake up to go. And partly because I don't care much for hockey."

"Well actually, you enjoyed hockey a lot after you learned the rules and started to understand it more," Tyler tells me as we walk into my room.

"But I don't remember any of that, so I'm back to not liking hockey," I remark.

"I'll reteach you the rules, or Dylan can. He taught you the first time."

"Sure. If we have time today, you can teach me," I say.

"Good because I've really missed having you at my games," Tyler says with a smile.

Tyler takes a seat on my bed as I sit down on the ground again to do my hair. I decide to curl my hair, and I pin back the front on both sides. There really isn't many hairstyles that I can do with my hair now that it's short. When I finish doing my hair, I get up from the ground to grab some shoes. I put on a pair of boots, and then I take out a thin jacket that's still stylish.