Chapter 98

March 18, 2016

    “HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR JEYDOONN, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!” Everyone sang.
    I can’t believe it’s been a year already. Things have gotten better, for the most part anyway. I think Greyson’s headaches are coming back, even though he denies it every time I ask. Our wedding is next month. Mostly everything was planned, just a few last minute things had to be sorted out. I thank Cody every time I see him about the dress, I think he’s beginning to get annoyed by now. I honestly don’t care. What he did was incredibly sweet and I don’t think I could thank him enough.
    “Blow out your candle and make a wish,” Greyson said, sitting next to him. “On three, ok?”
    Jeydon smiled and nodded his head.
    “1, 2, 3!” Jeydon tried but couldn’t get the candle blown out. When he tried again, Greyson lightly blew too without him noticing. He was an amazing father. He tries not to leave as much anymore, because he says the first few years are important. He’s always with Jeydon. One night he couldn’t sleep, so Greyson actually got inside the crib and sang to him. I think we’re a pretty good team, Greyson and I.
    “Yaaay!!” Everyone cheered. Natalie was taking pictures for us. I looked at her and Cody. He was standing behind her with his arms wrapped around her. Her little baby bump was hardly noticeable. She found out she was pregnant not that long ago. It wasn’t on purpose although part of me thinks it was. Cody almost fell over when he heard the news, and Natalie seemed to be really excited. Not many people knew yet. They figured they wouldn’t announce it until later.
    “OOOOOOOOH!” Jeydon clapped in his highchair, swinging his legs. Greyson took the candle out of his small cake and as expected, he ate it by the fistfuls.
    “We have a cake for everyone else over here,” Greyson said, letting Jeydon have his own. Natalie and I sat next to Jeydon and watched him.
    “Can you believe it’s been a year?” Natalie said, watching Jeydon take another handful of cake.
    “No, where’d the time go?” I  sighed.
    Greyson came back then, he pushed my hair out of my face and kissed me without a warning.
    “Hello, soon-to-be Mrs. Chance,” He said as he sat down next to me. I blushed.
    “Hello,” I said back.
    “HEWO!” Jeydon yelled, causing Greyson, Natalie and I to laugh.
    “Hi Jeydon,” I said to him. “I’ll be right back, I’m going to see what the troublemakers are up to.” I stood up going to look for James and Danny.
    “MUMA MUMA MUMA MUMA!!!” I heard Jeydon yell as I walked away. He doesn’t like it when I leave.
    “What?” I turned around, smiling. “I’ll be right back, ok? Daddy’s right there,” I pointed to Greyson.
I walked across the lawn to find Daniel and James pushing each other laughing.
    “What are you knuckleheads doing over here?” I laughed.
    “Causing a ruckus.” Danny said, sticking out his tongue. I used to quote that from Justin’s movie while talking to them all the time.
    “You’ve been a mom for a year, how’s it feel?” James asked while laying on the grass.
    I thought about it. “I’m not sure, really.”
    I also died this day last year. It’s a weird thought, knowing I just stopped breathing. What would of happened if I never woke up? I pushed the thought aside. It’s my son’s birthday. Today is a happy day. I’m not thinking of that now.

    “You’re getting married next month. How does that feel.” Daniel asked.
    “Oh gosh,” I laughed. “Let’s not think about it.”
    I smiled, turning my head to look at Greyson. He was talking to Cody while keeping an eye on Jeydon. He looked so beautiful. I couldn’t think of another word.
    Just the way he glows. His smile. They way the light changes the color of his hair.
Just the fact that he’s really mine is still a dream.
    “They brought the cake out. Want some?” I offered.
    “Sure,” Jamie smiled. I led them over to the table near Greyson.
    Greyson had his hand on his head. Oh gosh.
    “Hey babe, you ok?” I asked as we got closer.
    “Yeah I’m fine.” He nodded.
    What a terrible liar. He thinks I don’t notice but I do.
    “MUMA MUMA.” Jeydon yelled from his chair.
    I turned around to face him. He was squirming around in his chair pointing to something.
    “You wanna play with Toby?” I asked, looking at the puppy running across the lawn. Greyson got it for Jeydon yesterday for his birthday. He nodded. I cleaned the cake from his hands and face before carefully setting him to the ground. He quickly walked in the direction of the dog before sitting in front of him.
    “Hey guys, watch out. Jeydon’s over there.” I called out so people would know.
    I sighed and leaned into Greyson. He put an arm around me, pulling me closer. I wanted to stay like this forever.
    “He looks so much like you now.” I smiled. “Especially those ears.”
    “Poor kid.” Greyson sighed.
    I laughed, “No I liked your ears. They were cute.”
    Greyson rolled his eyes. I kissed his cheek and watched Jeydon.
    He slid his hand into mine.
    “I’m really glad I get to experience this with you.”