Chapter 64

Within the next five minutes Cody was already on the phone with Natalie. They talked until her plane took off. It was actually pretty depressing watching Cody mope around the tour bus, phone in hand just in case she called.

    Greyson was sitting on the floor trying to move his hand. Obviously getting frustrated.

    “WHAT THE HECK.” He went to punch the wall next to him, but I grabbed his wrist.

    “Greyson. Calm down. Punching things definitely wont help.” He pouted. The whole tour bus was depressed. Alli was on the phone with Christian. He was sick and Alli was considering leaving to be with him, but Christian said it would be pointless because he’ll be fine within a few days. Greyson obsessing over his hand. Cody looked dead at this point, just sitting in the corner staring at his phone. I was horrified about the fact that the truck was there tonight.

    “Greyson...” He looked up at me, taking out one of his headphones.

    “Yeah?”

    “You don’t think...you don’t think they were following us, do you?” I bit my lip.

    He thought about it, “Honestly, I don’t know.” He frowned. I got up from where I was sitting and sat on Greyson’s lap.

    “What are you doing?”

    “Sitting.” I sighed.

    “Oh, Ok.” He half smiled and went back to his iPod. I took out my phone and saw I had a missed call. It was my Aunt. I groaned and laid on the floor.

    “Whats wrong?” Greyson looked worried.

    “My aunt called, I don’t want to call her back.”

    “Then don’t.” He shrugged.

    “Are you kidding me?” I laughed, “She’ll kill me if I don’t,” I called her back and sat in Greyson’s lap. It only rang twice.

    “Hello?”

    “You called.”

    “Oh, Rachel, yes I did. I need to give you something.”

    “Its not a bag of poison is it.”

    “No.”

    “Then what?”

    “Its..a letter. Will you be able to pick it up? Or should I ...bring it to you.”

    She was acting oddly nice..and it was freaking me out.

    “Um, well we’re leaving the state tonight...We’re driving now actually.”

    Greyson got up, setting me on the couch, he left in the direction of the bus driver.

    “Hang on, Greyson’s up to something.”

    “Ok.” She sighed. “Its important you get it soon. Really soon.”

    “Who wrote this letter...?” I was completely confused.

    “You’ll find out.”

    Greyson came back into the room and took the phone.

    “Hello? This is Greyson. I just had the bus driver check and we can go by your house and still get to the concert on time tomorrow. We’ll be there in five minutes.” There was a short pause. Greyson laughed, “Thanks that means a lot....No, she’s fine....all right, see you then.” Greyson hung up and gave me back my phone.

    “What was all that about.”

    “She told me that maybe I wasn’t as much of a stupid idiot boy as she thought I was.” We both laughed, “Then she asked if you were behaving.” He rolled his eyes and laughed. I got up and walked over to Cody, sitting next to him.

    “Hey Coco, how are you?”

    He just turned his head, half smiled and looked back at the phone.

    “Cody, she’ll call, don’t worry about it.” I put my head on his shoulder. “Now, smile.” I poked his cheek. “Come on..you know you want to..” He looked at me, and gave me a fake smile, I sighed and looked at Greyson.

    “Greyboo, Coco’s being a butt.”    

    Cody stuck his tongue out at me, I just laughed. He sat up and hugged me, before getting up and going to his bunk.

    I sat for a second. Is this how I acted when Greyson was ‘gone’?